The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I have my Cream Legbar eggs in the incubator. I put in 40 eggs. I don't know how many will actually make it to lockdown, but I hope a few do. It's my first hatch ever, so I'm not getting my hopes up for a large hatch. :)

Ok question...so we were at temps of 100.0-100.8 and 41% humidity in the bator and now we've started Day 2 and temps are the same but now humidity says 27% in there.

Relative humidity outside the bator is 46% in our house...

Do I need to increase humidity at all in the bator? Should I be concerned it dropped that much over night?

barnie.gif
Fever and sore throat! I think I may have caught what my mom had last week. This is driving me crazy.
hugs.gif

And HEY EVERRRYYYYBOOODDDYYYYY!!!

Hatch day - MARCH 26th is my BIRTHDAY!!! So my birthday wish is for ALL of us to have successful, smooth incubations and hatches!!

1f604.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f604.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f604.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f604.png
ya.gif

Do you guys mind if I join? I have 16 Jubilee Orpingtons, 10 Lavender/Black Split Ameracaunas, & 8 French Black Copper Marans due Friday the 25th.
Welcome!!!! lovely chicks to come!!!

@Penny Hen do you sell button eggs?

Sheesh, with these rain storms, maybe it's just as well that I had to bow out... After running the dehumidifier for four hours straight, the humidity in the house is all the way down to 66%! It started out at 80%...
HolyWowza!! you were underwater!

We are having some serious temperature changes starting today here in WV. It has just been a roller coaster this year so far. I hope my temps and RH say in the good.
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:

Morning! I wasnt intending to enter, but I set 18 eggs on Saturday, at noon! & eng. jubilee orp. the rest are just what my ladies laid that day to fill the bator!
Welcome!!!!

Today is set day for Serama's!

seramas: 19 days to hatch; set March 7th
YAYAYYA

Quote:

frow.gif
Yep, I'm still here. I've been on a BYC hiatus since the last Hatch-A-Long...got rid of the incubator, and planned on not getting anymore chickens. We see how that worked out
roll.png
And the Pa Thread...I love you guys, but lordy, it moves soo fast if you miss one week you're a year behind, lol!
th.gif

@Gardeningmama Did you move?

Not yet. The house isn't even on the market yet!! All of that worrying, and unloading half of my birds....got rid of my best brooders, almost sold the goats and it's not even on the market yet! I will be eventually, but apparently it's no rush.
hu.gif

Quote:

frow.gif
Yep, I'm still here. I've been on a BYC hiatus since the last Hatch-A-Long...got rid of the incubator, and planned on not getting anymore chickens. We see how that worked out
roll.png
And the Pa Thread...I love you guys, but lordy, it moves soo fast if you miss one week you're a year behind, lol!
th.gif

@Gardeningmama Did you move?

Not yet. The house isn't even on the market yet!! All of that worrying, and unloading half of my birds....got rid of my best brooders, almost sold the goats and it's not even on the market yet! I will be eventually, but apparently it's no rush.
hu.gif

just be careful that dont hit you in the butt ! I would get prepared anyways!

Ok question...so we were at temps of 100.0-100.8 and 41% humidity in the bator and now we've started Day 2 and temps are the same but now humidity says 27% in there.

Relative humidity outside the bator is 46% in our house...

Do I need to increase humidity at all in the bator? Should I be concerned it dropped that much over night?

I wouldn't worry about it, but I rarely add water to my incubator until the last 3 days. Humidity is most important for hatching.

My new broody hen is a whiner. Opened her pen to check the water and she spooked (still not used to me) and flew out-ended up chasing her all over the house. When I caught her she screamed bloody murder. Never heard a chicken cry so much before. I still can't believe her previous owner was letting her sit on that many eggs- I think the grand total was 23!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom