The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Wet rainy day...kneeling down to take this photo of my SG. through the door window. When she gets wet, her top hair do is too funny. I turn the camera around to see this..my mini Golden Doodle..always watching me. Whatch doin now mom? Huh?

Last edited:
Thanks, I will leave the humidity as is for now and just let it drop naturally. I will certainly give them a weigh later this morning to see where we are at with them.
Goodness this is all very nerve wracking with them being new species for me :barnie Especially as they are in the incubator that needs babysitting, right now I really do appreciate my Brinsea that does everything for me!

Thanks, I will leave the humidity as is for now and just let it drop naturally. I will certainly give them a weigh later this morning to see where we are at with them.
Goodness this is all very nerve wracking with them being new species for me :barnie Especially as they are in the incubator that needs babysitting, right now I really do appreciate my Brinsea that does everything for me!

Yep, mine are in my Brinseas, lol. Check this out, it's got lots of good advice and help: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

I SET ALL THE EGGS!!!!!!!!
1f606.png
1f606.png
1f61b.png

I already said, I set 21 turkey eggs last Saturday, and today I set 11 chicken eggs, including 6 cream legbars and 5 birchen Marans.

:barnie

Just received this via email from our power company ~

Hello,

We want to remind you about the essential work we are carrying out on our electricity network in DN14 *** which will affect your property, here’s a reminder of the details.

We are switching off your electricity on 27 March, 2017 between 12 noon and 2:00 PM and again on 29 March, 2017 between 9:00 AM and 11:30 AM.

If you have any queries please call us

They sent a letter weeks ago about this and it had totally slipped my mind until I just read this. I wouldn't have minded so much if the eggs were past day 7 but they are not :rant

Hello,

We want to remind you about the essential work we are carrying out on our electricity network in DN14 *** which will affect your property, here’s a reminder of the details.

We are switching off your electricity on 27 March, 2017 between 12 noon and 2:00 PM and again on 29 March, 2017 between 9:00 AM and 11:30 AM.

If you have any queries please call us

They sent a letter weeks ago about this and it had totally slipped my mind until I just read this. I wouldn't have minded so much if the eggs were past day 7 but they are not :rant
Can you get a UPS - uninterruptable power supply? If you can get one with a big enough battery, it should run your incubators during the power outage. They are handy to have around, just in case, anyway.

Mine came from Orlando, way up here to altitude, we are above Denver. Mine shipped on a weekend that was like summer, in the 70°s but the morning they arrived the temps dropped to 21°. Mine were doomed from the start, they froze, none ever developed. I can't believe the seller was so kind to reship and only charge me shipping cost. If I ever order shipped eggs again, I think it would be from a state closer to mine, so they don't have to fly. I hope yours get to you safe and sound and in 3 weeks, you have sweet chicks all around.:)

I've actually had fairly good eggs from the east coast before. So I candled with my homemade version of a candler 2 perhaps 3 of the 12 shipped are not looking good. My 12 are in the same shape though. Can't see well enough with my candler but it definitely lets me see duds.

Hope yours do well this time. What breed did you purchase? Mine are LF Dark Cornish.

I unintentionally ran the cooler cycle on mine from day one on my test eggs. All 24 went into lock down 19 hatched. 4 a day early 4 a day late.
Hopefully they will have it back up and running after the 2 hour time table. When power goes out could you wrap the incubator with towels for insulation?

Back
Top Bottom