The American Paint Silkie

Pics
Quote:
I'm hoping for the same surprise. I just put 4 eggs into lockdown from my white cockerel over blue & black hens. I have 3 more batches of them set, so we'll see! Should I add a splash girl to the mix?

I have no idea, but it worked for me... I am not separating the ones that are producing them because I don't know who the girl is?...yet... but the boy is kinda Paint looking already.

Is he a splash?

Question...I have 3 silkie roosters, 2 are white and one is the exact color of an Emu. Is there a name for this color? I cannot find a picture of one that looks like him online and I do not have a picture of this rooster yet, but he looks just like this in color....

http://www.garlynzoo.com/Photoalbum/BIRDS/images/Emu2.jpg

Is he even true color? Thank you for your help!!
smile.png

(I am new here so forgive me if this is the wrong place, just point me in the right direction!)

Quote:
I have no idea, but it worked for me... I am not separating the ones that are producing them because I don't know who the girl is?...yet... but the boy is kinda Paint looking already.

Is he a splash?

Sigrid, the geneticist in Holland, told me one of the parents has to be Paint to get that girl I listed on bidbird.... so I'm taking pictures of the ones in the coop individually. I might have two. I thought they were white based Splash.

Coop_D-_spl-459x453.jpg

I hope this works

Quote:
Is he a splash?

Sigrid, the geneticist in Holland, told me one of the parents has to be Paint to get that girl I listed on bidbird.... so I'm taking pictures of the ones in the coop individually. I might have two. I thought they were white based Splash.

http://indigoegg.us/sitebuilder/images/Coop_D-_spl-459x453.jpg
I hope this works

Boy in center and girl on bottom right look like they MIGHT have patches of dark feathers. However, they DO look splash. Not exactly sure how splash + paint would look; I think that is a Sigi question.

I picked up 7 paints from Bren yesterday.
celebrate.gif
They are soooooo cute, really good foot feathering and toe spacing on these guys. I just love going to her place, and seeing all the beautiful birds she has. It's much easier to see their coloring when you spread their wings, but I only had help on one and it's not easy to hold them like that and take pics. They have more coloring than what you can see.

I BOUGHT THIS QUAD OF 4 OFF OF BIDBIRDAUCTIONS.COM FROM BREN................ BUT ENDED UP COMING HOME WITH 7!!
34583_paint_quad.jpg

CHICK #1
34583_chick_no1_pic_1.jpg

34583_chick_no_1_pic_3.jpg

CHICK #2
34583_chick_no_2_pic_2.jpg

34583_chick_no_2_pic_1.jpg

CHICK #3
34583_chick_no_3_pic_1.jpg

CHICK #4
34583_chick_no_4_pic_1.jpg

34583_chick_no_4_pic_1.jpg

CHICK #5
34583_chick_no_5_pic_1.jpg

CHICK#6
34583_chick_no_6_pic_1.jpg

34583_chick_no_6_pic_2.jpg

CHICK #7
34583_chick_no_7_pic_1.jpg

34583_chick_no_7_pic_2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
They're all so beautiful! I'm officially on a couple of waiting lists for Paints...I hope it works out so that I can work with some of these beauties like you and the others!

Back
Top Bottom