The American Paint Silkie

Pics
Quote:
Sigrid, the geneticist in Holland, told me one of the parents has to be Paint to get that girl I listed on bidbird.... so I'm taking pictures of the ones in the coop individually. I might have two. I thought they were white based Splash.

http://indigoegg.us/sitebuilder/images/Coop_D-_spl-459x453.jpg
I hope this works

Boy in center and girl on bottom right look like they MIGHT have patches of dark feathers. However, they DO look splash. Not exactly sure how splash + paint would look; I think that is a Sigi question.

In Sigrid's new book, there are pics of "splash paints".

Quote:
They're all so beautiful! I'm officially on a couple of waiting lists for Paints...I hope it works out so that I can work with some of these beauties like you and the others!

I can't wait for them to grow up now! I am excited to start working with them.

Elite Silkies, Great looking Paints you have there Congrats !!! Love the Bold Spots !
smile.png

Quote:
Sigrid, the geneticist in Holland, told me one of the parents has to be Paint to get that girl I listed on bidbird.... so I'm taking pictures of the ones in the coop individually. I might have two. I thought they were white based Splash.

http://indigoegg.us/sitebuilder/images/Coop_D-_spl-459x453.jpg
I hope this works

Boy in center and girl on bottom right look like they MIGHT have patches of dark feathers. However, they DO look splash. Not exactly sure how splash + paint would look; I think that is a Sigi question.

I was thinking the same thing... Sigrid does have pics in her new silkie book of splash paints and they do have the dark patches like the 2 Sonoran pointed out. The girl especially in the lower right looks like she could be a paint. You might look for other pigment holes such as one eye lighter than the other or pink patches of skin.

Listed 3 bearded white silkie girls and a Paint silkie cockerel on bidbird tonight.......need to make some room in my breeding pens! All 4 are REALLY nice birds!

Actually 3 of them went right away on buy it now, so I only have 1 left. It came up fine for me this afternoon, so maybe they were just doing maintenance on the site or something.

Quote:

In Sigrid's new book, there are pics of "splash paints".

Have to admit--I did not check that
sad.png
My bad.

Back
Top Bottom