The Duck Thread

7 weeks and yeah my duck guy said they would be more curly. He also said that I can bring them back to him so they can be with their parents so I'll probably end up doing that this weekend :c
So you found them a home right back where they started.. Glad to hear it!
hugs.gif

I'm thinking about buy duckling, I would like to get welsh harlequin duckling. They are not available until Sept. 23th. I live in NY and was wondering if they would be big enough to survive the winter? Or should I wait until spring? I bought two Rouen duck and they went in my pond and never came back
1f61e.png
. Would like to try again not sure if it's to late in the year.

Their adorable, and I'm thinking they will miss you they will miss the routine you have taught them, and maybe one day when your not working so much or retired you can try ducks again.
fl.gif
Im thinking once I get a car for myself and everything in order I'll get some chickens since they're a bit lower maintenance than ducks, though I do love my babies :)

What feed do you use for your ducks? I was looking into Hubbard Duck Feed and just wondering what others use. I use whatever layer pellets I am feeding my chickens but read where ducks need more niacin than what is normally in layer feed. I use Purina, Nutrena, MFA for my chickens. They are evidently getting plenty of calcium from the layer feed because their eggs are hard to crack. Just curious to see what others are using.

Last edited:
Okay I have a problem. I made my own incubator and the eggs just arrived today. I have them in the incubator now but the temp keeps getting too high. I have holes in it but the temp keeps rising. I havnt let it get above 102 but I'm worried about at night if the temp keeps rising. I open it up to cool it off during the day.

What feed do you use for your ducks? I was looking into Hubbard Duck Feed and just wondering what others use. I use whatever layer pellets I am feeding my chickens but read where ducks need more niacin than what is normally in layer feed. I use Purina, Nutrena, MFA for my chickens.
If your ducks aren't laying yet they shouldn't be on layer, if you can get duck feed then that's what I use[wish we could get it here] but I use an All flock feed from Purina which is formulated for all poultry. .

Back
Top Bottom