The Front Porch Swing

frow.gif
from the lower left corner
frow.gif
from upper right corner.

Isn't it funny that no matter how old we get, we still get those jitters?
I've been looking for work too.It is more difficult that it used to be. With most job applications online now, it is hard to get "face time" with a prospective employer. If people would just talk to me-face to face- I could convince them that I am an intelligent person who can learn most things quickly and work hard for them. But, because I have been a stay at home, home schooling mother, I don't get a second look. Listen, I know what I can do...almost anything! I am a homeschooling mother of five kids! Frustrating!
@wyoDreamer Hope your first day is great!
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Hey, KM!!!! Will pray that God will drop the perfect job for you right into your lap. Yes, interviewing is not as easy as it used to be b/c of all the electronic hoops you have to jump through just to get to that point. Frustrating for sure! Also frustrating that prospective employers have the upper hand in all things. For example: they now will do a credit check on prospective employees. Especially when those credit checks have the potential to actually lower your score.

Congrats wyoDreamer!! Been a long road for you in that respect. Being back in Wisconsin making you happy??
big_smile.png

Yeah the "new age" job thing. They "robo email" acknowledgement of your online application and then nothing. Maybe you hear from them a month or 4 later. If you get an interview, likely as not, you'll never hear from them again. Whatever happened to a "thanks but we've chosen someone else" contact?? Guess I'm too old to understand.

@bruceha, Yes, you would think with technology being what it is a quick e-mail would be effortless. But,alas, our society is lacking where basic manners are concerned. Although I have received those e-mails from small local companies. A national or regional company though? No way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom