The Joys of Owning Imported Orpingtons

Renie'sPeeps

Songster
9 Years
Feb 20, 2010
Orford, NH
This thread is designed for people that enjoy the many wonderful Imported Orpington varieties. Please come and share your pictures, stories, and helpful hints. We would appreciate everyone's effort in maintaining a friendly environment. This thread is not for show purposes so please reframe from critiquing openly in the room unless you are asked..

This is a picture of Midas. He is my English Imported Buff Orpington rooster .. I love and adore him. He is the sire to all of my buff chicks to date :) My incubators are peeping today.. I can hear the next generation hatching :)

I'll also have juvenile 8-12 week old cockerels for sale in May.I do ship, all over the US. They will be sired by these 2 boys...

Monty, who has sired a lot of winning birds.

Greedy, who is a Monty son, whose older brothers have shown well.He is 7 1/2 months old.

Good evening everyone. I hope the weather is fine in your part of the world. So as we approach the winter months lets not forget to change our feeding regimen up somewhat. Lets keep it interesting for the birds so they will venture out into the sunshine in the cold to get the needed sun shine. Cabbage with apples attached to it sparks their interest or fresh green hay. Boredom causes many self inflected problems as well as cannibalism. Also, I would encourage a person to become familiar to what is not appropriate to feed a chicken. You would be surprised sometimes.
VIVI

Hey everyone, we have stayed really busy. So enjoying seeing everyone and lots of birds. The Boston show was awesome. Debbie did wonderful. She kicked hinny. A monster goose was the overall winner. Irene made Grits and eggs for breakfast this morning. She is making a pulled pork for dinner tonight. Tomorrow we are going to where they film TAPS series to see some ghost. The weather is not bad here at all.

Yip they tell me no snakes are around here. So what do I do step on one, they are so wrong. Fly 2,000 miles to step on a snake. Leave it to me to find the snakes.Good thing I had my boots on. To bad I didn't have a depends on:)

Our first two chicks of 2014!

Back
Top Bottom