The most indecisive person on BYC strikes again/help me decide what to get

Which of these three breeds should I get?

• Cochin/pekin bantam

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Brahma

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Phoenix

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Cochin (LF)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Bantam Cochins are absolutely amazing! They were another breed that I wasn't planning on and fell in love with. So adorable and have cheeky friendly personalities. Mine hold their own just fine against the larger birds and since they are smaller mine are much more agile. I have only had mine a year, but in that year they have been exposed to 109F degrees and down to -12F. Zero issues with them whatsoever.

Bantam Cochins are absolutely amazing! They were another breed that I wasn't planning on and fell in love with. So adorable and have cheeky friendly personalities. Mine hold their own just fine against the larger birds and since they are smaller mine are much more agile. I have only had mine a year, but in that year they have been exposed to 109F degrees and down to -12F. Zero issues with them whatsoever.

Those things are everything I basically want! Have your girls gone broody yet?

That's what I like to hear! If only there was a brahma sized cochin bantam. On another note, were your birds slow to lay as well?
Have you looked into regular Cochins? They are huge! No I would say they were about average compared to the rest of my flock. They have been laying pretty faithfully as well when they aren't trying to hatch every pile of eggs😂

Have you looked into regular Cochins? They are huge! No I would say they were about average compared to the rest of my flock. They have been laying pretty faithfully as well when they aren't trying to hatch every pile of eggs😂

I have, but I've read that they aren't the most broody, they're kind of a gamble when it comes to that. Otherwise, I'd love to get them, and your experience definitely indicates that they do go broody quite frequently

Great, I guess i have to add them to the list now. *sighs*

Back
Top Bottom