The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

up for auction 12+ Bantam Moderns game

Colors are Black, Splash, Blue red, BBred, Blue Birchern.
colors are separated
Start at $25
Shipping $14

Unthinkfully Don't have pictures on my computer
Very good Quality birds
From some of the top breeders

When does this auction end?
Are you able to take requests for a few colors or does it have to be a mix of all colors you have?

Spitzhauben and Ayam Cemani eggs

Auction #3: Ayam Cemani 8+eggs
Toni Marie lines. Hens are from a different breeder than rooster. All birds from this pen are very black without any trace of leakage in their feathers. Rooster has some mulberry in his comb but has a very nice gamey type.

Bidding starts at $30
Shipping: $15 (bubble wrapped and double boxed priority shipping)
For USPS "special handling" add $10.35
Ends Monday night 10:00pm EST
Ships Tuesday
PayPal please

Eggs are collected daily and rotated multiple times per day. Eggs are marked with date of collection and which pen they are from. Will edit to add pics.
Thank you for bidding!

Member Appenzeller Spitzhauben Club of America and Appenzeller Spitzhauben Society of Great Britain
I'd LOVE to bid on these, but my family has BANNED me from bidding on any more eggs until the ones I already have start hatching.....lol BEAUTIFUL birds!!!

Auction - 10-12 CALL DUCK eggs

Starting at $20
Shipping, $15

Ends Sunday night at 7pm PDT
Ships Monday
If you want the Special fragile handling by USPS, Add $10.35 to the total.

I was wondering, does the "special handling" actually do any good? I didn't even know you could do something like that. :)

I was wondering, does the "special handling" actually do any good? I didn't even know you could do something like that. :)
A few days ago, TJ chickens posted the below photo of a box, that was clearly marked Fragile. He said no eggs were broken, but that box is seriously damaged. Was this the extra postage for Fragile? I'm not sure. They are supposed to keep it in a separate bin and not run it through the normal conveyor belts. But do they? I doubt it.

LL

I opted for the "special handling" with eggs I won here from KYTinpusher. All eggs arrived quickly, in perfect shape with intact, stable air cells. At last candling (14 day) all are showing good veining and development. Thank you @KYTinpusher for excellent packaging and fresh eggs from healthy breeders! I'm guessing "special handling" might have helped protect those eggs. That being said, I shipped eggs to Alaska w "special handling" and it took them 4 extra days to get there. Sounded like they arrived safely, but 4 extra days is significant w hatching eggs.

Anyone else here have experience w "special handling"?

Quote:

Quote:
Isn't that box beautiful? When you pay for the special handling, they put green "special handling" stickers on the box and the box is supposed to be handled by humans rather than dumped out of bins onto the conveyor belts. This particular box did not have the special handling. It also took 10 days to get there. I have just started offering this and have sent out maybe a dozen boxes with the special handling. None of them have been outwardly damaged and no eggs broken, but the amount of jiggling damage may not be much better because they still seem to be getting detached air cells. But maybe those would have been worse without the special handling...? Some sellers swear by it. It may also help with filing claims for damage. Right now if you try to file a claim, the PO says you didn't pay for the fragile handling, so they are not responsible!!!
he.gif

I think I would especially recommend it if you consistently have trouble with damaged packages from your nearest postal hub. I also recommend picking up your eggs at the PO instead of them riding around in a truck anymore than is necessary. Sometimes you need to call your PO in advance to ask them to hold a package. They won't always do it, even if it's clearly marked on the box...

Quote:

Quote: The package pictured above did not have the Special Handling or it would have a bright yellow and blue sticker(s) that indicate it should be handled with special handling. When I asked about it at my small (pop. 2400) Post Office, the clerk didn't know what it was. She showed me the Special Handling stickers that were by the clerk window/computer station, but said she didn't know about a "Special Handling" option. She looked and found the option on the computer, added it to the shipping cost and we got my package ready. I am in my PO three times a week for my job so I know the people there. I asked her the next day how the trucker driver handled the package. She said the driver wasn't aware of the Special Handling option (not a good sign when neither had even heard of it!) but took the package into the front of the truck with him to the processing center. The clerk said the Postmaster confirmed the special stickers were only for the added $10.35 "Special Handling" option for fragile items. Items are to be last on, first off trucks and handled differently at the processing centers. The Postmaster knew about the option but the clerks were unaware it existed. The clerk said the option was new in 2015 and was glad I had asked or she would not have know about it. My package made it to Michigan in just under two days (mailed on Monday at 3 pm and delivery Wednesday late morning) in perfect condition. The Special Handling option was created for mailing perishables and live animals. Eggs fall under the perishable category. I've only used it once but I would recommend it based on my experience. Others may have their own stories...... I would ask about it in your own Post Office just to get the word out about it.......maybe yours is like mine and haven't been updated on the option.

edited to add: I will ask my PO for a sticker to photograph so everyone can see what is put on at my PO so you will know what to ask for at yours.
@TJChickens could you post a picture of the green stickers you mention?

Last edited:
Quote:

Quote: The package pictured above did not have the Special Handling or it would have a bright yellow and blue sticker(s) that indicate it should be handled with special handling. When I asked about it at my small (pop. 2400) Post Office, the clerk didn't know what it was. She showed me the Special Handling stickers that were by the clerk window/computer station, but said she didn't know about a "Special Handling" option. She looked and found the option on the computer, added it to the shipping cost and we got my package ready. I am in my PO three times a week for my job so I know the people there. I asked her the next day how the trucker driver handled the package. She said the driver wasn't aware of the Special Handling option (not a good sign when neither had even heard of it!) but took the package into the front of the truck with him to the processing center. The clerk said the Postmaster confirmed the special stickers were only for the added $10.35 "Special Handling" option for fragile items. Items are to be last on, first off trucks and handled differently at the processing centers. The Postmaster knew about the option but the clerks were unaware it existed. The clerk said the option was new in 2015 and was glad I had asked or she would not have know about it. My package made it to Michigan in just under two days (mailed on Monday at 3 pm and delivery Wednesday late morning) in perfect condition. The Special Handling option was created for mailing perishables and live animals. Eggs fall under the perishable category. I've only used it once but I would recommend it based on my experience. Others may have their own stories...... I would ask about it in your own Post Office just to get the word out about it.......maybe yours is like mine and haven't been updated on the option.

edited to add: I will ask my PO for a sticker to photograph so everyone can see what is put on at my PO so you will know what to ask for at yours.
@TJChickens could you post a picture of the green stickers you mention?

I'd be happy to the next time I ship one that way. This option is pretty new. It can't be paid for online and you can't have the stickers unless you go to the PO and buy the option. My small town post office new about it when I first asked them for it, but then they had to run around and find where they had stashed the stickers.... Maybe the service will improve once the carriers are more familiar with it....

Spitzhauben and Ayam Cemani eggs

Auction #1: Rare colors Spitzhauben - Chamois and Gold Spangled 12+eggs
This pen consists of a chamois roo over chamois hens, gold hens, and a cream spangled hen. Some of the chicks will be chamois and some will be gold spangled. Fertility check showed 100% development in this pen.]

Bidding $15

Right now if you try to file a claim, the PO says you didn't pay for the fragile handling, so they are not responsible!!!
he.gif
That is not entirely true. I had a box of eggs sent to me without special handling that was damaged and the shipper had their check in very short time. No issues.

Back
Top Bottom