The Rhodebar thread!

Hi was wondering when Rhodebar hens start to lay and when do the roos reach maturity to reproduce
thanks Justin

A word to everyone that has Rhodebar. The SOP is very close to that of a RIR. ( not production reds that people call RIR) auto sexing at hatch and mature with barring. Cock/Cockerals should be double barred.. They have an excellent demeanor, and lay like crazy. Even the ones in some of our improvement plan lay that way. I would suggest to hatch and keep the most wild type female chicks and darkest with most obvious headspot on male chicks . The other will grow up and look like a RB,but will carry a lot of unwanted genes. Marvin ( Niclandia)and Sheri (red ridge)can help more with that. I hope this helps

Just getting an opinion on my rooster 30 weeks old.

11393033_930230330375007_1878702208605807760_n.jpg

Very disappointing week a hawk got our beautiful Olaf. Hoping to find another boy a Beautiful as he was. He was 10-11 months old

A word to everyone that has Rhodebar. The SOP is very close to that of a RIR. ( not production reds that people call RIR) auto sexing at hatch and mature with barring. Cock/Cockerals should be double barred.. They have an excellent demeanor, and lay like crazy. Even the ones in some of our improvement plan lay that way. I would suggest to hatch and keep the most wild type female chicks and darkest with most obvious headspot on male chicks . The other will grow up and look like a RB,but will carry a lot of unwanted genes. Marvin ( Niclandia)and Sheri (red ridge)can help more with that. I hope this helps

I'm out of ovations, but thank you.

Very disappointing week a hawk got our beautiful Olaf. Hoping to find another boy a Beautiful as he was. He was 10-11 months old

Sorry to hear that. He was very nice looking.

My Rhodebar broody is just the best. Not only is she a great mom, but out of 6 eggs, 1 was a dud, 1 is a cockerel and 4 are pullets! They have hatched over 9 days and the later hatchers have hatched in the incubator, but she doesn't care, she loves and cares for them no matter where they hatched. I am thrilled to have 4 more of these awesome girls growing up.

Here is Daddy in with the mixed flock. He is looking a bit ragged because of Molt.

Here is Momma with the youngsters. I threw some mixed eggs in when I pulled the late hatchers out. They were separated from the mixed group for several months before I let her sit on eggs.

I need some help here: do I have a rhodebar rooster? He was born light in color here he is as a day old chick

Back
Top Bottom