The Rhodebar thread!

Well, I have a question. Is anyone selling some Roos? today, I found a pile of feathers with skin and fatty tissues attached outside of the pen, but no body to be found. That pretty pic of my roos,, is no more. I will have to wait for next spring, but will be will to pay for either live hatching eggs or sexed chicks and the shipping. It looks like I have a great horned owl targeting my flock. My fault as its an open top pen, but that will change soon. I want so bad to set up high voltage to quick fry what ever is killing my birds.

I had that problem with dogs and I ended up putting up electric fence and it works very well. That is too bad for your loss.

I had some rhodebars and kept the rooster that is on my avatar. I was getting green eggs off the rhodebar pullets so they went to a place when they were hens as green egg layers. I kept the roo to see if he threw the blue egg gene and put him over welsummers. Look what I have in this welsummer X Rhodebar pullets first egg! From left to right Welsummer, buckeye, and the olive egg (WelsummerXRhodebar). This is a good way to determine if the roo is throwing an off gene and he is now going to a good place as well. Of course I love the olive color.

If you breed a blue egg layer to a brown egg layer you get... green.... if you breed a blue egg layer to a white egg layer you get blue....
just info

have a great one

Does anyone else have both Rhodebars and Bielefelders?

They seem very similar to me. Some slight color and size variations. The BF's are not laying yet, I hope they lay as well as the Rhodebars. I am considering putting my spare BF roo over some RB hens to see of the resulting hybrids are autosexing and perhaps even better layers. Has anyone tried that hybrid already?

If you breed a blue egg layer to a brown egg layer you get... green.... if you breed a blue egg layer to a white egg layer you get blue....
just info

have a great one

And if you breed a green egg layer to a white egg layer you still get green eggs. I took an olive cock bird and put over some white leghorns got olive eggers that started laying a ton of eggs about 20 weeks
1f60a.png

And if you breed a green egg layer to a white egg layer you still get green eggs. I took an olive cock bird and put over some white leghorns got olive eggers that started laying a ton of eggs about 20 weeks
1f60a.png
I was just hoping for some reason that the rooster was not throwing that green gene. Oh well, I have a home he is going to that does not care about egg color as long the chicken looks good.

Back
Top Bottom