The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pretty Blues! I do agree with you conclusion.
Thanks, I really do think they are very pretty, the pics don't do them justice (I am not a great photographer and it was mixed sun and shade so I kept getting my iso wrong). They were labeled wrong at the feed store (imagine that) as silver laced Wyandottes. I am still happy enough, I am hoping I still get the calmer personality and so far they are fitting the bill. They are very sweet with my little bantam Polish and yet stand up to the more boisterous EE rooster suspect (also from the pullet bin grrrr) thanks for the confirmation. Now to farm out 2 of the suspected 4 roosters in the bunch....sigh.

Thanks! They are definitely a new experience trying to figure out the sex. They are my first rose combs and the wattles are throwing me.

Some of my Silver Laced Wyandottes
4 week old Pullets and 2 1.5 y/o hens.
The Pullets are mixed in with barred rocks, ee, bantams, buff orp. Adults are mixed with ee, production red, guineas, turkeys. I did have a light brahma x cochin which is in the last photo but lost her this year to sour crop, we were to late with trying to help her.
in the center below the barred cockerel
two together in center behind buff orp and barred rocks
lowner was trying to sleep
guineas, production red, light brahma x cochin and wyandottes.

Anyone have a nice Silver Laced cockerel available? Needs to have been Mareks vaccinated and be NPIP. Eggs and straight run also an option, but I really only need the rooster.

Thank You,

Rare Feathers Ranch

Here is a picture of Chano (Chah-no) aka Power Ranger, (named by my 3 yr old son) one of 2 SLW "pullets" we bought from the feed store. They are anywhere from 4.5-6 weeks old. Not sure, they were much bigger than all the other chicks we bought that day.
Anyway, here is Chano "Power Ranger." Going to try to get some pics of the other SLW today.

EDIT: I have pics of SLW #2
Lacey Lucy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom