The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Here are my SLWs. They are about 8-10 weeks old. My kiddos rename them almost every day. The names that have stuck the most have been Power Ranger and Storm Trooper, named by my 3 yr old son.

Just wanted to show you guys that you got it right and that Dottie is now clearly a young roo. He is so beautiful, very high on the legs,gorgeous markings, very strong personality, so we decided to keep him and see how it goes!

I have been questioning whether or not this one might be a roo. Its comb & wattle are darker than the other SLW that is the same age & its feather pattern is splotchier with darker patches. The comb & wattle don't seem to be much bigger than the other SLW tho (if at all). They are 8 weeks old. Should I be able to tell their sex by now?

I have been questioning whether or not this one might be a roo. Its comb & wattle are darker than the other SLW that is the same age & its feather pattern is splotchier with darker patches. The comb & wattle don't seem to be much bigger than the other SLW tho (if at all). They are 8 weeks old. Should I be able to tell their sex by now?

Here's my SLW Roo.... super dark, large comb and wattles coming in at 8 weeks

New SLW owner here. My chicks (4 of them) are 2 weeks old now and have their flight and wing feathers in with the exception of the uppermost coverts which are still fluff. Some have more white on the wing feathers than the others. Is this an indication that they will have a better lacing pattern as adults? They are from a feed store, so I have my hopes pretty low for getting hens with really pretty lacing, though I've seen pictures of hatchery chicks that turned out really nice.

Back
Top Bottom