The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
I decided on my second breeding flock along with my Australorps. I just picked up 5 one year old SLW's. They are definately breeder quality and I can't wait to see how their babies turn out, time will tell. Check them out and tell me what y'all think.

RattlesnakeRidgeWV, do you have any picts of these lovely birds as youngins? I got my first chicks a couple of weeks ago and two of them are SLW. WOW! I'd be SOOO pleased if my girls turned out to have patterns as striking as yours.

Colby,
Thanks for the compliment, I agree, they are awesome. The SLW's are from Soaring Hawks farm, WV. I have seen their offspring and they are carbon copies. I will be hatching out the rest of the summer.

Here's my little boy(?) at 2.5 to 3 weeks old. Not quite as clear or as bold, but maybe there's sill going to be a pretty pattern.
Hum.... could it be that he's a she??? No wattles and almost no comb - and only a few days behind Lil Sarge...
fl.gif
Only time will tell. I hope that the 'spectacles' stay - love those.

LOVE the latest pics. All cute and beautiful girls/boys.

Question. So my 6 week old SLW that developed a reddish comb area a few weeks ago, has NO waddle devoloping. Is this any indication of sex?

Back
Top Bottom