The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

That bird is too young for saddle feathers. Thus far it looks like a pullet, but another month and you'll be able to tell

I used to have a SLW name Gwen and I now have a SLW named Raven!Gwen sadly was killed by a hawk :(
This is Gwen:

And this is Raven:

(First two are older, last two are more recent)
Altough, I've gotten them both at different places(Raven Blue Seal and Gwen Paris Famers union)They BOTH had and have Single Comsb and not Rose Comb.So, what could have caused BOTH of them to have Single combs?
Also, anyone ever get there chicks at Blue Seal and have them very small?Raven is smaller then my BR by a quiet a bit.....
You can see her comb here:

I have one hen with a single comb. I asked about it, it seems to be some sort of genetic defect that reoccurs every few generations in some lines, it seems.

I have two, looking forward to how beautiful they will grow to be!
Not sure where you got your chicks, but I'm afraid you shouldn't expect these babies to have lacing. If they are Wyandottes, they definitely have had barring added to their bloodline at some point. It also looks like they have single combs, which would indicate they may not be Wyandottes at all. Barred birds are still very pretty, just don't want you to expect them to look like a laced bird and be disappointed when they don't. Best of luck with them!

Back
Top Bottom