the sultan thread

They are suppose to be v combed and top hats... that's odd. I would call Ideal and ask what's up. Sultans are not the only 5 toed breed. Usually it's things like earlobe color that is the problem with Hatchery stock.

They are suppose to be v combed and top hats... that's odd. I would call Ideal and ask what's up. Sultans are not the only 5 toed breed. Usually it's things like earlobe color that is the problem with Hatchery stock.
That's what I thought. Ideal has sultans and silkies, but all their other breeds have four toes. And if this poor bird was supposed to be a silkie we have even more problems.:rolleyes:

Could be Cochin mix, Ideal does have Dorkings, I found them on their online ordering site under tinted eggs... found Ideal has had the extra toe problem pop up in bantams could be a non Cochin breed too. But probably Cochin.

How about D'uccle?
That was one I'd considered originally as a chick until I saw the dark skin and 5 toes. It would make more sense as a cross for body type if they were trying to keep their sultan bantams small. This bird is too friendly to just be d'Uccle, all of mine have been shy and unpersonable, like this fellow who only interacts with the sultan.

IMG_0644.JPG

Well I guess as it matures we might get more clues, probably some mixing in the hatchery's line wood pile... so hard to know. I expected my birds from the hatchery not to be SoP for breed... but usually the top hats at least have that, not cool no top hat poof.

[QUOTE = "TattooedChicks, Mesaj: 18778784, Üye: 457470"] İdeal Kanatlılardan Sultanlar almak için başka kimseyle deneyimim var mı? Kesinlikle harika biri var, ama sadece geç bir bloomer değilse kesinlikle bazı özelliklerin eksik. Komik tüylü kafa nerede? Peki tek tarakta ne var? Ancak kayrak derisi, beş ayak parmağı var ve boyun boyu gün geçtikçe daha da kabarıyor.

Merak ediyorum, şirketin iddia ettiği kadar saf olup olmadıklarını mı yoksa belki bir çıngırım var. ;)

1089106 [/ ATTACH] View attachment 1089107

Back
Top Bottom