The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
I had to post a picture of my tetra tint because I have not seen another girl like her!
We have 5 tints and two of them lay a light cream colored egg one of the cream colored eggs has a long shape to it, its long and skinny she lays it almost every single day it has never changed shape and they have been laying since mid July and 3 of them lay a light brown egg!

I had to post a picture of my tetra tint because I have not seen another girl like her!
We have 5 tints and two of them lay a light cream colored egg one of the cream colored eggs has a long shape to it, its long and skinny she lays it almost every single day it has never changed shape and they have been laying since mid July and 3 of them lay a light brown egg!

they are so pretty. I love the little black spots. just how dark is the comb on the one in front. it looks almost black.
and welcome to BYC
You'll love it here.

they are so pretty. I love the little black spots. just how dark is the comb on the one in front. it looks almost black.
and welcome to BYC
You'll love it here.
Thank you!
Her comb was gray for the longest time and now it is black!

hi, i have 4 tetra tint chicken's they are great! mine are 7 months old and have been great egg layers we have one that lays a double yoke egg and we have one that every so ofton lays 2 eggs a day. they follow me around the yard they are very nice and fat lol they come when i call them and our dog and them are great friends. tho the dog doesnt like when they try to eat his food.lol ours are not clipped and are not pinned up they run free and have never ran off. every evening at 6 30 pm they come onto our porch upstairs and perch till morning and at 6am they are out hunting again for treats. they always lay there eggs in the same place and they are yummy eggs. we have only had one broody one but she gave up after a few days. we love our 4 girls and they are stunning creatures and very smart.oh and ours all have black spots and a very light almost white. there eggs are light tan.

Out of curiosity, have you hatched any clutches from her and if so...are they showing that comb/wattle color? What color is the rest of her body with regard to skin? It appears to be all that charcoal/black color judging from her feet. She looks nothing like a Silkie at all...and with eyes that big, it really makes me wonder what combo you have going on there. I really hope you have some chicklets from her for us to see and if you don't...I would start.
gig.gif

Just joined and this is my first post. glad to be here!

I bought hatching eggs (1st time using an incubator) in March '12 from a friend's daughter. She had gotten her hens as chicks from TS the year before and the eggs were fertilized by the same TS roos.
Until this week I had no idea what breed my chickens were (since Gail didn't remember what she bought) and then I received Mt Healthy's catalog.
Ah ha, Tetra Tints! These chickens seem to breed pretty true a generation later. Perhaps I can even figure out how to attach a pic.
Have one TT hen that has a lot of reddish feathers with the white ones. She is my puppy dog--follows me around as I do chores. We tried to splint her toes after she hatched but they still ended up curled but that doesn't slow her down!
The other TT's are white with only a few black feathers and they are a skiddish, leghorn type.
The Tetra Tint's eggs are shades of creme and they started laying 4+ months old and they lay many eggs.
I just prefer a larger, calmer bird that lay brown eggs so will not try to hatch any of their eggs.
Also, the roos are in the freezer so I guess that's the biggest reason there will be no more TT's on our farm!

Today I just hatched some eggs that are from a tetra tint and a rhode island red rooster just too see what would come because no one knew exactly what to expect and they r so cute!!
its the little light brown one not the black one. I do not know the sex yet

we do not have a rooster! although I have thought about getting one this year! we are planning on expanding our flock!!!

Back
Top Bottom