The Wyandotte Thread

Well, darn, one rooster did not upload, 2nd try:

Question for the Wyandotte folks, when does their real lacing start to show up? I have 5 that are 8 weeks old and appear to have all their feathers but the lacing is a bit lackluster. I'm hoping it's just because they're so young.

Question for the Wyandotte folks, when does their real lacing start to show up? I have 5 that are 8 weeks old and appear to have all their feathers but the lacing is a bit lackluster. I'm hoping it's just because they're so young.
Mine had what turned out to be their permanent lacing by about 12 weeks, so I would say you still have a bit for their lacing to get a bit more tidy.

Mine had what turned out to be their permanent lacing by about 12 weeks, so I would say you still have a bit for their lacing to get a bit more tidy.

What color variety do you have?
Columbian would have lacing on their neck and tail feathers by 12 weeks.
Silver Laced will take longer.

Yeah, it is lookin' like a little guy. You could post over in the ''What Breed Or Gender Is This'' page to be sure though.

Thanks! If he is the only one i dont mind. We may keep him, if he stays friendly. Hopefully no other boys pop up tho, then i will have to choose one and that would be hard. They are all so friendly!

Back
Top Bottom