THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

My Australorp looks like your Brahma as far as feathering goes. NO tail feathers and just a few wing feathers. Otherwise happy and healthy, though! She used to be my friendliest chick and now she's the flightiest. One of our Barred Rocks is so friendly she runs up and jumps in my hand! The others are curious, but don't really like to be "pet" or handled. Daphne (the one Barred Rock) actually comes up to be pet, lol!

Yeah all of mine kind of look at my hand when I stick it in their brooder and then the Wyandotte and brahma get brave enough to come over to me. The only one that doesnt cheep up a storm if I just pick them up is my buff. The other ones you would think I was killing by the noise they make. I cant wait to see what they all look like when they get to that ugly teenager phase. I know with my EEs that didnt last long. And I cant wait to see what everyone's EEs look like.

Here are a couple pictures of my big girls. I love the variety of colors I got with them, no two look the same. I was so happy when I saw them the other day because I noticed all but one was growing a beard! When they went through that teenage phase none of them had any more fluff on their cheeks or anything and I thought I was going to have 5 EEs without beards. So needless to say when I saw the beards I squealed in delight. Now I'm just waiting for the dreaded brick red feathers or saddle feathers to show up on whoever is a roo. I know at least two of them are definitely pullets and if the other three turn out to be roos I'm keeping the prettiest.

My Easter Eggers are feathering out so fast! Take a look at them!

Autumn's 3-day Wing Feathers:

And Nellie, the now-named chick.
smile.png

I have to say I absolutely love EEs. Their personalities are hilarious. Those chicks are absolutely gorgeous. I don't know about anyone else but I will probably always make sure my flock has an EE or two. Happy to hear you figured out a name for her. I can't wait to see what they look like as they get bigger.

I agree, their personalities are starting to come out, though I still haven't a clue who among my chicks will be the alpha hen when they're grown up. I have to say, none of them seem like great leaders, though Nellie does seem to be the most adventurous. She's the only one to try to go exploring in the "deep, dark corner" of the brooder (the space between the actual walls and the cardboard walls we added to make them higher). She probably regretted it, though, because she got stuck and had to be rescued! She's also the most persistent in trying to fly.

I also tried to get a picture of the other Buff Orpington, (who still isn't definitively named), but she is shy and runs away from strange objects. All I could get was the Buff you guys had already seen, but the picture came out so cute I decided to share. She is quite a ham!

Mumthers posing!
lol.png

Last edited:
That is absolutely adorable. Where you watching the one when it got stuck or did it just start peeping up a storm? Chicken antics are so funny.

Lol. That's too funny. You gave me a good laugh for today. I swear I stare at them sometimes and just wonder what is going on in their heads.

I agree, their personalities are starting to come out, though I still haven't a clue who among my chicks will be the alpha hen when they're grown up. I have to say, none of them seem like great leaders, though Nellie does seem to be the most adventurous. She's the only one to try to go exploring in the "deep, dark corner" of the brooder (the space between the actual walls and the cardboard walls we added to make them higher). She probably regretted it, though, because she got stuck and had to be rescued! She's also the most persistent in trying to fly.

I also tried to get a picture of the other Buff Orpington, (who still isn't definitively named), but she is shy and runs away from strange objects. All I could get was the Buff you guys had already seen, but the picture came out so cute I decided to share. She is quite a ham!

Mumthers posing!
lol.png

She is so cute! I love her little sideways look at the camera!

Not a "cute" picture, but MAN - these chickens feather in fast! Almost 2 weeks old and wings are almost completely feathered, tails are feathered, and the buff orpingtons (not pictured) are starting to get feathers on their backs! This is one of our Barred Rocks. Daphne (barred rock) is still our friendliest chicken. The australorp is the flightiest.

Back
Top Bottom