Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Ladies,
I am sure there is a thread for this somewhere, but I thought I would ask you. My Khaki just started laying this week. She has been laying in the hutch during the night/morning. I noticed just a bit ago that she looked like a pregnant woman walking (you know what I mean!), she was breathing heavy and pointing her tail down. A little later I looked and she had dropped an egg that had a very thin shell and a hole at one end. She is still walking funny and acting funny. What can I do for her?? I don't want to lose her! She is my only mature Khaki girl!
Thank you!

Ladies,
I am sure there is a thread for this somewhere, but I thought I would ask you. My Khaki just started laying this week. She has been laying in the hutch during the night/morning. I noticed just a bit ago that she looked like a pregnant woman walking (you know what I mean!), she was breathing heavy and pointing her tail down. A little later I looked and she had dropped an egg that had a very thin shell and a hole at one end. She is still walking funny and acting funny. What can I do for her?? I don't want to lose her! She is my only mature Khaki girl!
Thank you!
When they first start laying that can happen while they are working out the kinks on the production line. I really woudn't worry too much about it. Especially since she layed it, so you know it's not stuck in her. That's my two cents.

SHe just did it again, laid another small thin-shelled egg with a hole! She is not breathing as heavy, but is still walking a bit stiff. So, what happens if they don't get it all out?

When they first start laying that can happen while they are working out the kinks on the production line. I really woudn't worry too much about it. Especially since she layed it, so you know it's not stuck in her. That's my two cents.

Julie, sounds great to me! Lockdown in 12 days. :)

QJ, DG posted last night that she would be gone someplace most of the day.

SM, you ok? How far away is your horse (by the way, breed & age??)? I find that the mere hugging on my horses soothes my soul on even the worst day.

My hatching calendar is:

11 cayuga & 1 ancona - lockdown scheduled for Jan 31st
12 ancona - lockdown scheduled for Feb. 19th

Still debating on getting some goose eggs to set with the ancona eggs.....

Back
Top Bottom