Today's Menu and Baking Thread

I'm going to try the meatloaf, only with bear meat.
smile.png

I've got bread dough rising by the woodstove, and snow softly falling outside. Doesn't get much better than that!

(oh, and add chicks cheeping in the background...
thumbsup.gif
)

Quote:
I love mine. The only draw back is that it is recommended not to use it for pressure canning becasue of the weight and heat generated. I know some do, but I don't take the chance and I do my pressure canning in the garage on the turkey fryer base.

I'm stealing all things from BYC for dinner tonight, the rolls MP made from Katy's sticky bun recipe, and the Quiche from the other day that someone (I forget who right this second) posted... A salad on the side.
Still haven't picked something for dessert yet, I still have time to throw together my ribbon winning apple pie
wink.png

Quote:
I love mine. The only draw back is that it is recommended not to use it for pressure canning becasue of the weight and heat generated. I know some do, but I don't take the chance and I do my pressure canning in the garage on the turkey fryer base.

I do my canning on a turkey fryer base too. No mess in the house. I set up in the garage to prepare it, and then sit the fryer outside. Works great!

Terrie! Your cinnamon rolls are gorgeous!

You're not supposed to use cast iron on them either. Oops! I do but with very low controled heat.

Goodness, I was literally in the market for an electric stove so that I could stop buying propane since that is the only thing that uses it in my house, but now hearing you all say what is not supposed to be used on them I don't think I want one!
I love my pressure canner and all I use is cast iron and pyrex! I had no idea that there were limits on what to use on an electric range.
hmm.png

Quote:

I keep forgetting the burners are hot and putting plastic containers
down on the stove. It takes some good scraping to get melted plastic
off. KEEP THE TUPPERWARE AWAY.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom