Today's Menu and Baking Thread

I defrosted a round roast, and I'm taking a couple of ideas from another thread to go with it - shrimp cocktail bloody marys and a layered salad with iceberg, bacon, tomatoes, boiled egg, red onion and blue cheese dressing.

Mashed potatoes and some kind of veg on the side.

Dessert? Haagen Das maybe?

We don't eat leftovers in my house. Any food that happens to be left over convieniently becomes what might be called a "plan ahead" meal.

Seemed I was in the kitchen most of the day yesterday. It makes for a long day when baking bread and desserts and the usual meals. Then there's the kitchen clean up. It's not a typical day here unless I've washed dishes at least 3 times.LOL

This afternoon, my sweet husband told me to just have leftovers tonight. So, it's leftover Comfy Baked Spaghetti, homemade buttermilk bread, salad and Pumpkin coffee cake for dessert. It was delicious last night and I'm sure it will be scrumptious tonight.
smile.png
Especially, because I won't have all the clean up.

Pulled pork must be the popular meal these days. My SIL and BIL have asked for recipes. Could be that they just filled their freezers with home raised pork, but it does sound good.

Pulled pork is easy.

The simple way is to put a seasoned pork roast in the crockpot and let it cook until it is fork tender. Shred it. Use with BBQ sauce if you like or not. When I do BBQ sauce I cook it off so the sauce is richer.

Tonight is lasagna, made a few weeks ago and frozen. Garlic bread made with bread from Gumpsgirl recipe.

Quote:
I put cherries in the pineapple holes.

Me too, yum!

I'm going to pan-fry some pork chops and serve with baked sweet potatoes, and sauteed zucchini with garlic. I won't get home until around 6:45, so I won't have time to make any yummy himemade rolls or anything, but we won't starve!

Since I opted to go for leftover sloppy joes last night, I am making the pulled pork today. It is in the slow cooker with all the seasonings.

I think since it is Friday, the BBQ pulled pork will go with chips and a ice cold barley pop....or three.

Back
Top Bottom