Today's temperature = # of eggs.

Four birds total. Averaging two eggs daily.

Today Hi 16.5 F, Lo -2.2 F. Got two good looking eggs from RI Red and Ameracauna.

After the coldest night of winter so far (-3.5 F) I had three eggs waiting for me in the morning. From the same two birds plus a Sussex.

Last edited:
Todays total egg count is 5 eggs out of 6 hens and 3 laying pullets. I got 3 hen eggs and 2 pullet eggs. I do know that one of my pullets is laying "big girl" eggs and I always get 2 pullet eggs per day plus however many hen eggs. This means that my original girls arent laying very much but Momma Hen's daughters are laying every day! yay! I believe Momma Hen is 1.8yrs old and Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Mow and Little Hen (her first batch from last year) are 1.1 yrs old. Her 3 laying pullets that are laying every day are 5 months old.
th.gif
I hate chicken math... Dont even get me going on the ages of my other 4 batches of babies I have out there...haha. Calenders are awesome
cool.png

-10 with the wind chill. Lower southwest mi. 5 bantam eggs 3 from mixed chickens and 2 muscovy with 2 hours extra light. So 10 total. I also feed them mash and dog food for the winter though

High temp today was right around 17* had 6 eggs from 11 hens ( about average for now). The only hen I'm sure of is the barred rock, a darker brown egg. Also have tetra tints and buff Orpingtons but all their eggs look similar.

Today the high was 16 F, and I got 7 eggs from my 13 layers. 7 of my layers are almost 5 years old and are still laying about 2 eggs per week each. I have 3 buff Orpington hens, and the rest are all Rhode Island Red's. I have no electricity in my little barn, so they don't have a light, and yet my egg production is thriving! It may be because my chickens get lots of treats like Fruit, Oatmeal (On cold morning), Vegetables,, and bread. The temps have been 18 and below for the last week, and my chickens have still been laying 5-9 eggs per day.

Last edited:
High 23, low 13. One giant egg from our buff orpington. First egg from any of our 5 in 3 days! It has been very cold, but this is their 3rd winter, maybe they are starting to slack a bit? I've been spoiling them with warm oatmeal and yogurt in the morning...

It's been in the upper 40s for a high and I've been getting 2-3 eggs per day from 5 hens. But today was in the 50s and NO EGGS! I think they were mad because I kept them locked up all day because they kept jumping the fence and laying around the yard.

Back
Top Bottom