Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
I know, it is exciting, LOL. I can't wait until my Serama eggs show up, I'm making a new incubator for them now. I'll have 27 to set, and room for 30, LOL. I hope I have luck with them!

At least these guys will probably be fine.

I wonder if I could buy some Sultan chicks to be delivered when these guys hatch? LOL, Don't tell hubby though!!! I'll just tell him they're strange looking leghorns,
lau.gif
where do you buy your eggs from?

Oh dear, deb, bad luck there!!! Yah, I hope I can get some to hatch from each of my batches, so I have totally unrelated birds as well.

Alex, I ordered my first batch off ebay from a lady in Louisiana, but it's a long way and they all had detached airsacks and they all died (4 actually gave me blood rings, the rest never even started) The second batch I ordered will be from Castle Delight Seramas. She is in Oregon about 900 miles away (vs 1650 miles) and I'm hoping it's close enough to make iti? The first seller is kindly sending me a new batch, though it wasn't her fault. All I had to do was pay for shipping. I'm so gratefull for a second chance on her birds because they really are beautiful!

I probably already said it but I am building a new incubator to hatch these. Gotta get it finished so I can adjust it and get it running true!!!

How old are they? They look to be about 48-36 hours old. See how the yolk has darkened? I think that's a good indication of fertility because the eggs I got that never started stayed pretty clear, not much shadow after a whole week. Wait another full day or two and you'll see on one side a small spider of veins :)

If I were a betting person, I'd say they were indeed fertile, but it takes more time to see if they're thriving :D

Wait, I am a betting person... I just don't have any money!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Alex- GREAT photos!! I think I see something in the 1st pic on post #808- in the upper right part of the egg- you can see a darker shadow on the yolk- right underneath the two light pores in the shell. I'll bet on day three you'll see spiders!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom