Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
Hummmm, not 10 minutes ago, but now that you said something, my bar of actions is missing right now too! Glad you told me, I woulda thought it was my computer, LOL

Now that I'm editing (or maybe it's 'cause it's fixed) I have access to the bar
frow.gif
Just wanted to add another chick just hatched. One more egg in there, the other is dead. Don't know why it died though, it was almost out?! Gonna check on that last one, I need the bator tomorrow to put other eggs on lockdown :D

Last edited:
Congrats on another baby! boohoo on the one who died getting out- I had one that did that too- broke my heart because it's little beak was out and it was peeping away, I think it just got tuckered out because it was in the shell too long- I tried to assist, but it was too late :-(. So you have 8 chicks now??? WOW that's great! Can hardly wait until photos (hint hint). I still don't have the smilie board. I'm wondering if I inadvertantly clicked something off in my settings - I'll go check. Otherwise consider yourself "waved, smiled, and thumbed up"!!!! hee hee

frow.gif
YIPEE!! I'm editing and got back the smilies and other tools! I ended up needing to go to Firefox and out of IE because it was giving me issues. All is working now
big_smile.png

Can hardly wait to see photos of your little fluffballs!
caf.gif

Are you setting your Serama's next??

Last edited:
OMG!!!! soooooooo cute!! Oh NO- I'm soooooo tempted to set eggs from the TJ's hens that I hatched in May. They are now fertile (EE roo)! YIKES- chick fever is attacking!!!! Congrats on your new babies!
wee.gif

Shall I direct you to the incubator's anonymous thread?
lau.gif
They are little cuties, I must admit
wink.png
And with an EE roo, i mean, there's no telling what you'll get, Hens that lay jumbo colorful eggs?? LOL I'm jealous of you though, 'cause I figure I won't see any eggs until the first of the new year, 2013!

I KNOW! I'm dreaming of prolific layers of light blue jumbo eggs every day of the week!! Well... it's more complicated than that, but no problem dreaming
big_smile.png
I have absolutely no more room for another chicken pen, (but then again, I said that last time- funny how I can "find" room)
lau.gif
for my addiction.

I have the room, I have the plans but my body pooped out! I'm really close to finishing the first one, but didn't work on it today 'cause I've been fretting over an egg in the 'bator, and just feeling blah, didn't want to work in the heat or anything
hide.gif
Gotta get these finished though!

I have the room, I have the plans but my body pooped out! I'm really close to finishing the first one, but didn't work on it today 'cause I've been fretting over an egg in the 'bator, and just feeling blah, didn't want to work in the heat or anything
hide.gif
Gotta get these finished though!

Caring for all those hatchlings is exhausting! I had to "help" a couple of mine out of their shells and it was nerve wracking! Once they were all in the brooder and eating/drinking/pooping I was much more relaxed. Then when they outgrew their brooder, and moved into the garage until we could finish the coop- I was beside myself trying to keep the "barny smell" from infiltrating into the house changing the bedding every day- I was pooped out too!! Having 17 babies in a "play pen area" in the garage was not something I intend to do again - next time I will brood them in their coop and they will not have to be moved three times
big_smile.png

Indeed! And thinking I can build this in 4 weeks was totally wishful thinking, I spend so much time sitting and drinking a tall icy drink to cool off, or like today, trying to find all the parts I bought and where the heck did I put them?? LOL Where are my tools again? Ugh, it's hot, need another rest....
barnie.gif

Indeed! And thinking I can build this in 4 weeks was totally wishful thinking, I spend so much time sitting and drinking a tall icy drink to cool off, or like today, trying to find all the parts I bought and where the heck did I put them?? LOL Where are my tools again? Ugh, it's hot, need another rest....
barnie.gif

YES! It's hot here too!
My DH built my new coop and we didn't get them out in it until they were almost 7 weeks old!
he.gif
which was waaaaaaaay too long in my opinion!!
I had also purchased twelve more "pullet" chicks (2 were roos) from my local feed barn, when the TJ chicks were 2 weeks old, so I had to play musical brooder boxes and play/pens due to their different sizes and heat needs. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!! I made WAAAAYYY too much work for myself .
barnie.gif

When I finally did merge the two groups (when the youngest were finally off heat)- they still stayed apart on their own for a couple more weeks. Now they are all the same size, but only the TJ pullets are laying, although several others look very ready.
Enjoy your babies!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom