Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
My poor birds are about 6 weeks now and their brooder is getting small, so I took them all out to clean their cage and propped them up around the living room where they all watched me, contentedly, LOL. They really are sweet!
love.gif
When I was finished, I picked each one up and placed them back in their brooder without fuss. Maybe because I just filled their feeder and they were hungry? I don't know. I just hope they stay this sweet when they grow up!

Ms. Henny Penny

She likes to eat my hair... LOL

Last edited:
Yaaaay, I'm so glad you're trying again! You did let them get to room temperature first, right? They'll get too much condensation otherwise, not good, and might be too drastic a change in temp too fast??

Hope all goes well this time!!!

I really love my birds, it's going to be hard to "get rid of" the boys :( They're so cute and sweet!

Last edited:
Yaaaay, I'm so glad you're trying again! You did let them get to room temperature first, right? They'll get too much condensation otherwise, not good, and might be too drastic a change in temp too fast??

Hope all goes well this time!!!

I really love my birds, it's going to be hard to "get rid of" the boys :( They're so cute and sweet!
Yup i let them sit overnight and they felt right. These better hatch!!

The best egg layers! And if you handle them a lot, they can be very sweet. They are shy and jumpy and energetic by nature, but, like mine are still in the brooder waiting for me to finish their coop, they're 6 weeks old yesterday, and what I do is open the coop up, and let them fly out and they'll perch somewhere in the room, I clean, and let them hang out where they land for a while, they mostly sit there and watch me, then when I have to go, I go around and pick them up and put them back in their brooder. They never fuss or try to fly away. At most, they'll flap their wings, I think for balance on my hand/arm. I think it's awesome how they can fly! They're really sweet and people say they're one of the smartest birds. They seem nice and curious and it doesn't take them long to try out something new to eat, etc... Just wish I was finished with their coop!

BTW, I almost died laughing, today I heard one of my roos crow for the first time
lau.gif
It was just out of the blue and SO CUTE!

Back
Top Bottom