Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

The local reptile pet store only feeds fertile eggs to the animals. Something about how fertile eggs last longer? I'm not sure about that, but I've traded dozens of fertile eggs for tons of crickets...

Here's the chick dried off. Any ideas? Breed? Gender? Thanks
did the second egg hatch ? As for this chick I still think it's a some type of RIR/white rocks cross making it a sex link Pullet

I candled my Trader Joe's eggs the other day...only 5 weren't clear out of 72 and those 5 don't seem to have nearly the veins that the eggs from my own chickens have. I had high hopes since these were the freshest that I had gotten and not refrigerated long. Unfortunately I had to hold the eggs to almost the two week mark so they wouldn't hatch while I was on vacation. I don't think the holding time mattered so much since there were eggs from my flock held just as long that seemed fine. Prior to this the worst I had was 23 out of 72 and my best was...I think 26 out of 48. There were only a few with blood rings (there were tons in my first batch). Maybe the eggs got too cold. I think rough handling usually leaves blood rings.

I candled my Trader Joe's eggs the other day...only 5 weren't clear out of 72 and those 5 don't seem to have nearly the veins that the eggs from my own chickens have. I had high hopes since these were the freshest that I had gotten and not refrigerated long. Unfortunately I had to hold the eggs to almost the two week mark so they wouldn't hatch while I was on vacation. I don't think the holding time mattered so much since there were eggs from my flock held just as long that seemed fine. Prior to this the worst I had was 23 out of 72 and my best was...I think 26 out of 48. There were only a few with blood rings (there were tons in my first batch). Maybe the eggs got too cold. I think rough handling usually leaves blood rings.
I am sorry!

I had high hopes for you.

Back
Top Bottom