Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
2 dozen TJ eggs in lockdown now. Hatch day is saturday. Some of them look like quitters around day 10 but i still saw movement, but about 1/3 of the egg was still liquid...

I just noticed that the Henry's near me sells fertile eggs, a beautiful medium-dark rose brown, most with speckling. Does anyone know what kind of chickens are in this video? I think maybe red star?

Last edited:
I was really bummed today. They just opened a Trader Joe's about an hour from us. We made the trek down there, only to find out that they don't carry fertile eggs :(

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you we t through so much trouble! :(. It does seem like only those states close to California sell the fertile eggs. Up into Washington, Nevada and Arizona. Otherwise people are finding them at other "natural" or "organic" food stores.

Tony, mine grew a lot the last 3 days of lockdown! Fingers crossed for you! :fl

alisar, if they are super dark, they may be Marans?

I looked up what maran eggs look like, they are lighter than that, but not by much. I'll have to take a picture. Hope I don't scare the grocers ;)

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I just got back from 2 weeks abroad and my sweet cute chicks are gawking teens now! Looks like we have 3 roos and 2 hens. Need to try again to get more hens ;P

And this is how a hatcholic is made....
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom