Treats chickens DON'T Like

Here's something to gross you out...

That is pretty gross. But practical!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Since when is cat food not good for them? I've heard people give it to them as treats for extra protein.

Mine won't touch cilantro... right now that's all I know that they won't eat..

Catfood is very high in salt/sodium....which is toxic. They shouldn't have anything salty. Since forever, I guess. I know it's a popular treat, but I've been told by poultry experts, it;s a nono. Can cause heart failure.

Last edited:
Quote:
What nice man????? What is the bait??? We have been looking for something like that for a long time...always worry about the chickens pecking at dead rats...

Quote:
What nice man????? What is the bait??? We have been looking for something like that for a long time...always worry about the chickens pecking at dead rats...

We called in a pest control guy cause we thought we had a possum.

And he didnt tell us... sorry :p

Mine don't like kale and swiss chard. They love grapes and strawberries. And as fo hard boiled eggs..welll:p

Quote:
Good thing, too..raw potatoes and peels are poisonous to em.

holy smokes, it is....how about cooked potatoes? I almost threw some in today..cooked that is

I make my own yogurt, and they LOVE it. They also like watermelon, and grapes. I usually put the grapes in with the yogurt. As soon as they see me rounding the corner with their blue bowl, it's every chicken for themselves! Chaos breaks out!

Bluemoon

Mine love just about everything, including mashed potatoes, crickets from the bait shop, leftovers from supper, and I saw Pearl eat a tree frog one time.
tongue.png

The only things I've seen them pass up are raw broccoli (they like theirs cooked) and basil.

Back
Top Bottom