UK Member Please Say HI

Aww! That so sweet! There not bothered about trampling on the one that's just hatched!
I'm gonna drag it out tomorrow and give it a good scrub and disinfect. Let it air for a while.
10 hatched during the night. I am really surprised how quick that was... So far I have 3 really yellow chicks and the rest is the usual dark stripes pattern. All have a good set of lungs on them tho.

Aww, one of the smalls was dead in the shell. I would say about 12 days in, so it had all the right parts, but the yolk sac was all icky :(

I candled the goose eggs last night and it was disappointing :(

Of the 9 only one looks to have a developing embryo. 4 look totally clear and 4 look like quitters.

Very disappointed and god only knows what I’m going to do if a lone gosling hatches :hmm

I candled the goose eggs last night and it was disappointing :(

Of the 9 only one looks to have a developing embryo. 4 look totally clear and 4 look like quitters.

Very disappointed and god only knows what I’m going to do if a lone gosling hatches :hmm
I'm so sorry to hear that :( is there anyone near you who has goose as well?

Not that I know of unfortunately and I’m not sure the farmer will want just one gosling back. I’m going to check them again in a couple of days then let him know so hopefully he can find it a friend from another farmer friend or something if it does hatch.

Back
Top Bottom