UK Member Please Say HI

She had but was trying to chip out with the back of her head. I cracked a bit of the Shell so she could push it apart rather than chip it. She's now fully hatched but looks completely knackered. She is a big chick. I'll leave her be in the incubator now hopefully she will make it. The other two are in the brooder running about eating and drinking. I've put some surgical tape round the toe of the one with a curled toe. Two more have pipped but one is looking like the wrong Way round aswell. Three with no pips.

DSC_0115.JPG

I think they are a blue red splash and a black Red splash. And the one in the incubator is a white.

Had to assist with two more. This isn't the best but I couldn't leave them. They had both pipped but couldn't zip. The shells are so damn hard. And one on the brooder needed her bum cleaning! When I put her back in the brooder she did a massive poop! So three in the brooder. Two still in the incubator drying out and three eggs no pip.

Well that's it all over. Endex. I have four in the brooder. One of which I have had to keep separate as she is smaller and weaker than the rest. She was being pecked at. A fifth had to be assisted. Lasted a day then died in the incubator. The last three eggs were quitters. Not sure when but they were not all that developed. So I have two blue/red splash, one black/red splash and a white. The one that died would have been a lavender.
DSC_0124.JPG

My incubator has been problematic from the start. I'll not be using it again apart from maybe for recovery and drying out after hatch. I'll be keeping my eye out for a Brinsea for sure!

Well that's it all over. Endex. I have four in the brooder. One of which I have had to keep separate as she is smaller and weaker than the rest. She was being pecked at. A fifth had to be assisted. Lasted a day then died in the incubator. The last three eggs were quitters. Not sure when but they were not all that developed. So I have two blue/red splash, one black/red splash and a white. The one that died would have been a lavender.
View attachment 1400837
My incubator has been problematic from the start. I'll not be using it again apart from maybe for recovery and drying out after hatch. I'll be keeping my eye out for a Brinsea for sure!
Aww chickencountryuk its great to see you have some little ones now they look so cute, you have been having some real bad luck recently. I havent had the chance to come on here recently, because I have been so busy. But im back to the normal one job a week now and have just finished building a small coop and run for my 4 little ones. I will have some more time now to catch up on things.
Have you named your little ones countrychickenuk ?

Aww chickencountryuk its great to see you have some little ones now they look so cute, you have been having some real bad luck recently. I havent had the chance to come on here recently, because I have been so busy. But im back to the normal one job a week now and have just finished building a small coop and run for my 4 little ones. I will have some more time now to catch up on things.
Have you named your little ones countrychickenuk ?
Great to hear from you! It's good things are calming down for you with work and all. It's been a crazy week or two for me also. The chicks are lovely but I don't want to give them names until I know which are hens and roos. I'm praying they're all hens! I'm not that lucky though! I've got a racing pigeon now and have been busy building a loft for it. I'm nearly finished! She was a stray that would go back! She kept coming back to me do the owner had let me keep her. She's called Boomer! I just need s few more to keep her company!
DSC_0097.JPG

How are your chicks doing? They must be quite big now.

Back
Top Bottom