UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
Ok, so firstly, let me say "hiya" to the newcomers! Secondly, sorry I haven't been on in a while, but with that huge hatch we did I've been a very busy lady lol. Out of the original 250 eggs, we hatched out a total of 173, we've lost a few since then for various reasons but the majority of them are doing great! I've got a video on our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/willowpondfarmuk?ref=bookmarks

I hope that link works:fl but here's a couple pics

Right now we're working on building a tunnel outside for them to overwinter in, as well as preparing for my mom's visit :celebrate and getting prepared for our annual bonfire party on Halloween night. Busy, busy, bees we are! Lol but it's so fun!!

Oh wow a massive hatch then well done they look sooooooooo cuuutttteeee !!!!!!!!! I'm in love ha ha I particularly love the ones with the white stripes:):):)

Well done love xx

Ok, so firstly, let me say "hiya" to the newcomers! Secondly, sorry I haven't been on in a while, but with that huge hatch we did I've been a very busy lady lol. Out of the original 250 eggs, we hatched out a total of 173, we've lost a few since then for various reasons but the majority of them are doing great! I've got a video on our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/willowpondfarmuk?ref=bookmarks

I hope that link works:fl but here's a couple pics

Right now we're working on building a tunnel outside for them to overwinter in, as well as preparing for my mom's visit :celebrate and getting prepared for our annual bonfire party on Halloween night. Busy, busy, bees we are! Lol but it's so fun!!

Great hatch

What breeds are they ?

Hello, Olivia rose! Welcome!

Dave C, we hatched out Welsummers, Crested Cream Legbars, Plymouth Barred Rocks, French Copper Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Rhode Island Reds, Light Sussex, and Brahmas. We're trying to build up our breeding stock with better quality birds. It's been work, but so much fun!

Welcome @Olivia rose Glad you could join us here! We have some family down near you I think. They live near leek. What birds do you keep?

@hensanity That's a great hatch and what adorable chicks :love Hope your mums visit and party go well :clap

@Yorkshirecoop any ideas where to get a couple of fertile eggs its been recommended for my silly black rock whom I spoke to u about before has some to it on or stick some live chicks under her I think I would rather let her hatch em just in case she does not take to kind to live ones posting under her your thoughts??

I've never added chicks to hen bit it can be done. They need to be newly hatched and you need to to it at night when your hen and the chicks are at their most quietest. As for eggs, do you have any one near you with fertile eggs? I've not got any boys at the moment so all mine are infertile. You would have been most welcome to some of them if they were. Are you up for getting eggs posted to you? I could recommend Givendale polish chickens for good fertility and she does silkies now too. She is up near York. I've also used Pembrokeshire poultry. They had good fertility too. I got 12 eggs from them through the post and they all hatched. They have a bigger selection of breeds. Also check out pre loved, free ads and bird trader for eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom