UK Member Please Say HI

Well, that's me public enemy number one in the chicken world.
I've just evicted Fudge from the nest box in my house. She had decided that this was a good time of year to sit.:rolleyes:
Aww bless! You meany! You know chickens just can't control their urges! I'm quite surprised I haven't had a Brahma in the broody breaker for a couple weeks, I think I'm overdue! :lau

Perhaps you can collect as needed from the shore? I assume there oysters around Ipswich...?
I'd rather buy them, but thanks for the suggestion :) I don't drive and have to rely on buses, would take a lot of messing about, I'd have to get a bus into town to get a bus to Felixstowe which would take about two hours each way and the amount of bus fare wouldn't be much less than a 20kg bag.

Although that sounds like a fun activity for the family, after a few times it might get a bit dull. I get mine from Wynnstay, a farm-supply store chain specific to Wales/Midlands. I'm assuming there's bound to be something similar down where you are @Anna Ranieri. We baked Christmas cakes today so saved all the shells and baked them to crush up and feed back; I only bother when we use a large number (54!), but I'm sure you could collect them up to bake off at the end of the week.

Sorry about your weird neighbours @Chickencountryuk. Get that game-cam set up stat; hopefully they're not making unwelcome visits to your birds.
Thank you but I've found an outlet here in Ipswich which was suggested to me by @Yorkshire Coop - my daughter is picking up a 25kg bag tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom