unisex chickens?

OK everyone saying Cockerel. I have 2 other Cockrell off same hatch they have spurs and are crowing and their combs are spread like my roosters. This bird has no spurs doesn't crow and has no interest in the hens like the young boys do.

OK everyone saying Cockerel. I have 2 other Cockrell off same hatch they have spurs and are crowing and their combs are spread like my roosters. This bird has no spurs doesn't crow and has no interest in the hens like the young boys do.

The fact that there are two other crowing males in the group gives this bird reason to keep quiet about his presence and gender as if he were to join in the crowing he would be challenging the other, dominant, males and he apparently is not prepared to do that yet -- does not change the fact that your bird is, in fact, male. Also, spurs are not a good point to consider in gender ID as many females do develop them and many males never do.

Wow. Thanks everyone. He is a pretty one like his dad. What about the comb being so small like the hens? Will that change in time?

When mixing breeds, and as a result comb types, the resulting chicks can come out quite different from each other with regards to things like comb, etc.

OK that makes sense. Only thing is both those breeds have the same combs. If it starts crowing and laying then I'll have something to post. Lol. Either way I was blessed with a beautiful chicken.

Back
Top Bottom