Utah!

I am from Bountiful...and would love to go in on an order for special breeds come spring. I was pleased to see so many utah chicky families here. If we are doing a chickenstock please keep me posted. I would love to come. My dh already thinks I am chicken crazy and although he complains about the cost of building their japanese style hen house I know he has caught the chicken bug also.

I'm happy that I finally spotted this thread.

I'm out in the Grantsville area. (Where I think that there are more chickens than people.)

Last edited:
I'm also in Taylorsville. Before I got chicks last year I looked the city code and was surprised it was farmland zoned. I can have lots of chickens but my neighbors can't have more than 2 dogs...
lol.png

So I'm fairly new to chickens and still need to build a coop(ok dh needs to build a coop).

I have i dd allergic to all normal pets so her allergist suggested chickens. I never knew how much I would enjoy raising them.

Quote:
This is the sticky in the ChickenStock forum.....(hit Index up there at the top of your page - its in the blue line).....it is under the sub heading of "Social".....

HTH

There are a lot of newbies on this board and they ask a lot of questions. This is great and everyone tries to help out.

But if you want to have a one on one discussion with other poultry owners, have a fun time, and make new friends, check out a Chickenstock in your area.

Chickenstock was started by BYC as a way for Backyard Chicken members to meet each other. It has grown to global proportions and there are gatherings all over the US and a couple overseas. It was even featured in the Tractor Supply magazine, and some have had newspaper coverage.

See the following for a Chickenstock near you !

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/v … .php?id=29
http://p072.ezboard.com/fbackyardchickensfrm34
Carla

Hi ,I'm new to chickens, I'm way out here in richfield, in seiver valley.....actually i haven't gotten my chicks yet, just finished the coop,now lookin for chicks, can any of you help me out, i want to get some specific breeds,where do you guys get your chickens around here??

I got mine from IFA but I doubt they still have chicks. I get my feed and supplies from IFA.

Many order from online places like mypetchicken.com

ya i have not called the local ifa's yet but i wanted to make sure i got at least one Ameraucana/ EE/ Araucana, do they carry specific breeds. is there any good hatcherys? all i know of in my area are the turkey hatch.s.

Ifa and all local feed stores that I know of get their chicks from either privett or welps or the one in Idaho.

Last edited:
IFA is still getting some in on Wednesdays. KSL classifieds is another good place to find chicks. IFA does carry specific breeds you just have to call the different ones to see what they have.

Back
Top Bottom