Utah!

Lisa...Sorry for the late responce but no the rooster turned mean so i sold him to a guy in SLC that said he was going to let it run around in the back yard with his chickens.
lau.gif
so we keep the hens until they stopped laying, then they got cooked.
big_smile.png
I had to start with a new group of Quail. But i have some hatching in a day or 2 if you want some more. They are super addicting. I built a 50 quail breeding coop that can be used as a grow out pen also and an outdoor brooder.

Last year I was so silly, and wondered if I'd ever be lucky enough to get a broody hen. Tonight marks my third this year. Ha ha Oh, the irnonies of life. This broody is an EE. I'm new to the breed, anyone out there ever had an EE go broody. I don't think I've ever heard if one.

Last year I was so silly, and wondered if I'd ever be lucky enough to get a broody hen. Tonight marks my third this year. Ha ha Oh, the irnonies of life. This broody is an EE. I'm new to the breed, anyone out there ever had an EE go broody. I don't think I've ever heard if one.

I have. They will go broody, just not as often as a bantam breed. Well, the Wyondottes are known for going broody often too. I guess there are a few LF breeds that do..I even had an Australorp go broody. I've had a lot of EE's, and only one has gone broody.

Have to announce, that my rooster finally crowed! Again. Today. After not having done so after it's first time a few weeks back. Will see if he waits another three weeks now. So there you have it. The great big news from my back yard.
big_smile.png

Gary, did not know you were so into quail! Nice setups there.

I have.  They will go broody, just not as often as a bantam breed.  Well, the Wyondottes are known for going broody often too.  I guess there are a few LF breeds that do..I even had an Australorp go broody.   I've had a lot of EE's, and only one has gone broody.  
Congrats on the rooster crow! Ha ha

I've only ever had Wyandottes go broody. Mine have all been such great mothers. Love those girls. I hope this lady turns out to be a good mother too.

We recently noticed our once timid rooster had turned vicious on our girls. We had to get rid of him. It is amazing how after just three days of his absense, our girls are visbly more relaxed. Poor girls. It may be a while before I keep any other.

Last edited:
hey, does anyone know how to vent sex ducklings? rather... does someone in Utah County know, that would be willing to come take a peek? lol I just got 10 Welsh Harlequin ducklings, and they have a 90% accuracy for bill sexing, but the person never did that... so yeah... it'd be nice to know so I can figure out which ones I'm keeping.... :)

(Today would be awesome... but totally understand if not...)

Back
Top Bottom