Utah!

Bisty, you brought home a pigeon?

RJ
I did! I saw it on my way to and stopped on my way back from dropping my kid off at school. She seems to have gotten bit on her leg by something.
I posted pics on my page (it's hard to get the high quality pics loaded on here with their maximum size requirement).

for those who don't know my page, it's Bitsy Chicks on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/495283850651422/

RJ, we have more snow than that! We are just down from a big canyon, up on a hill..so we get a lot, and we get the wind. That is one thing I could really do without in the winter! Although, love it in the summer!

RJ..yes still have snow on the ground, but, it is melting fast!  The front of our home faces north..so, more in the front than the back.  It's getting really soggy around the runs.  I really don't like this melting part for that reason. 

I have some fun eggs coming.  My first order this yr.  The bantam barred rocks.  They are from Dick Horstman line, so they should be nice.  I love having little bantams walking around out there in there in the summer.

My little silkie was off the nest today.   Still sounding broody.  Then, back she went later this morning.  I had brought the egg in though.  If she stays broody, really broody and doesn't get off of the nest, then I'll put some chicks under her once I get these last ones of Bubba's hatched. 
those barred rocks should be super fun. i love my silver pencil rock that you hatched out from the dick horstman line. he has such high quality birds. who ever ends up with some of those babies will be very lucky assuming they hatch and you dont keep them all lol

those barred rocks should be super fun. i love my silver pencil rock that you hatched out from the dick horstman line. he has such high quality birds. who ever ends up with some of those babies will be very lucky assuming they hatch and you dont keep them all lol

I hope they hatch! It's been a while since I've bought shipped eggs. She says she wraps good. That is all good and fine, but doesn't always account for good air cells.
hmm.png

Question: when people talk about 100%hatch rate, do they not have any clears? If I remove clears, but the rest hatch, is that still a 100% hatch, or not?
Yes, you would have 100% hatch rate. Most people will not count clears since they are not fertile and have nothing to do with the ability of the user or the quality of the incubator.

If something develops but quits then most folks do deduct that from the percentage even if they throw it out before lockdown.

I know it's not infertility 100% of the time, but I would assume it is most of the time.

Hey, so I am participating in the Hatchalong this year and I was wondering if anyone in my area (Sandy- Wasatch Front) had some advice about incubating in our weather. I am mostly concerned about humidity, as it is still pretty dry here. Any tips would be great!

Hey, so I am participating in the Hatchalong this year and I was wondering if anyone in my area (Sandy- Wasatch Front) had some advice about incubating in our weather. I am mostly concerned about humidity, as it is still pretty dry here. Any tips would be great!
welcome-byc.gif

What kind of incubator are you using and what is your humidity at right now?

So for the past 10 days I have had one of my production reds in the hospital wing (a kennel in my mud room) nursing a terrible case of perionitis. It was touch and go a few of the days, she got down to skin and bones except for her huge bloated belly. it has been 11 day of antibiotics and last night I put her back out with the flock. She is a little weak and slow to move still but she is really doing much much better working her way back up the pecking order, ate a lot today, her belly is almost back to normal (hard to tell in comparison to her much diminished body mass but I think it is still barely swollen). She is not quite up to par but definately not at deaths door!

So for the past 10 days I have had one of my production reds in the hospital wing (a kennel in my mud room) nursing a terrible case of perionitis. It was touch and go a few of the days, she got down to skin and bones except for her huge bloated belly. it has been 11 day of antibiotics and last night I put her back out with the flock. She is a little weak and slow to move still but she is really doing much much better working her way back up the pecking order, ate a lot today, her belly is almost back to normal (hard to tell in comparison to her much diminished body mass but I think it is still barely swollen). She is not quite up to par but definately not at deaths door!

Aww, so happy that she is coming around!

Back
Top Bottom