Utah!

Yaaaaayyyyy!!!!
celebrate.gif
We found Ivy today!
wee.gif
She was in the neighbor's shed. My mom could hear all sorts of clucking nextdoor and saw their golden retriever with his head in the shed door and his foot lifted (I've never heard of one pointing before). Thank heavens it was a golden retriever and wasn't interested in eating her. I don't know why she is still alive since she hasn't had any food or water since Thursday night. Tough chicken!
I guess that makes only one hawk attack for us and the little Silkies survived. We live in the middle of town and you would think that dodging hawks wouldn't be necessary but we have had run-ins with them before. I had a pet starling that I raised from a little naked baby when it fell out of it's nest onto the cement floor of a barn. I don't know how it survived the fall. When he was an adult we used to put it's cage outside during the day to let him enjoy the sunshine and talk to the other birds. One day a hawk saw it and came hurtling down and landed on the top of the cage trying to get to my poor little bird. Luckily it was unsuccessful and we were able to chase it off.
A few months ago one was spotted behind my house in a tree. Lovely
tongue.gif
I like hawks and I think they are beautiful but it is scary when they are so closed to our chickens.

Ok, my turn to guess in the Great Egg Hatch Guessing Game. I am going to guess *drum roll please* a Yurlov Crower! Cause everyone needs a good crower in their back yard. Do I win a prize?

Yay!! Ivy was found!
ya.gif
So so happy for you and your mom.

There is a lot of fun going on here! Ok my guess on the Great Egg Hatch Guessing Game (as Happy calls it
yippiechickie.gif
) ..............

Appenzeller Spitzhauben
hmm.png
maybe? Wait maybe Lavender Pekin they say they are great show birds
thumbsup.gif
and can lay a blue egg.

Wish I had mystery eggs.
sad.png

Lisa have you caved yet? Huh?! Huh!?

Last edited:

Not yet. Not yet......

Got my BYC cookbook today. Its really cute :love So I got some more bumper and window stickers for the extra prizes. Fun to get little treats in the mail box!

Sphinx, are your lav's eggs very big? No way I could set mine if they were fertile. They are the size of a quarter. Really. Eensie weensie :) I hope they get a little bigger.. I wonder what the chicks would look like if they came from the lav girl and FBCM boy....black with a little lighter stuff around the neck as they got older?

Trish, soooo glad you found your baby!

Last edited:

What beautiful lacing! I can't wait to see them!
You have so many fun things going on... Good luck with the hatchings! And thanks for the encouragement.
Good luck with the Cal Ranch job. My daughter works there in the gun department and gets a kick out of the men that ask if there's a man they can talk to about guns. She's learned her stuff. And she knows nothing about chickens! I guess its not a job requirement - I hope you get extra points for that.

What direction you headed for Archery? I'm going too.

Why do I get the feeling I may have sold myself as unstable with that knife comment? Worrywart, here.

No worries here - My dream gun is a Mini14 with a stock painted Mary Engelbreit style - the perfect "Ranch Wife"'s gun.

Enjoy your new toy!
Congrats on the eggs!
The goat ramps are adorable.
Congrats on your winners!
What a beautiful yard! Love the raised garden. The whole thing is delightful!
Sorry about the chick... Are you still looking for a home for your Am roo? I have a black roo I was going to keep, but his comb is getting bigger than I'd like for a breeder. I couldn't promise no freezer camp, but he could audition for the Romeo part for next Spring's babies.
love.gif
Glad to hear so many of those chicks look hen-ish. I have two older ones that are definitely roos and kinda skinny for camp
sad.png
but two others who still look like girls that are the batch older than yours.
fl.gif
The waiting game...

I have some two month old pullets that are EEs, that I hope will lay colored eggs, if you're still looking. I'll be driving through Duschene Wed or Thur to Uintahs and probably again next week. I think Cynthia said she had one too.
Glad you found chick! I put up a fish net, with nylon string strung back and forth between the sides to hold it up, so it doesn't sag. It was 19 for a 16x23. There's a pic on my page.

Been filling in full time at my part time job, and starting the busy Christmas season for quilts, so I got way behind.. (here, dishes, laundry...) Best wishes to all getting chickens through the heat!!

Moriahquilts, YES I still have the roo. WIll pm you pics, if you want him he is yours! Nice pea comb, and muffs, big dark eyes. Good temperament so far. Quiet, no noise or crowing attempts yet. Came from the blue egg :) N

Sphinx, here's a picture of Karma next to the pasture fence.

And here's some chicken pictures, just because. :)

This is the younger Polish girl

Bullet was eyeballing my pearl ring

Liz doing what Liz does best when the camera is out :)

Storm is pretty much blind

So is Zorro :)

Yaaaaayyyyy!!!!
celebrate.gif
We found Ivy today!
wee.gif
She was in the neighbor's shed. My mom could hear all sorts of clucking nextdoor and saw their golden retriever with his head in the shed door and his foot lifted (I've never heard of one pointing before). Thank heavens it was a golden retriever and wasn't interested in eating her. I don't know why she is still alive since she hasn't had any food or water since Thursday night. Tough chicken!
I guess that makes only one hawk attack for us and the little Silkies survived. We live in the middle of town and you would think that dodging hawks wouldn't be necessary but we have had run-ins with them before. I had a pet starling that I raised from a little naked baby when it fell out of it's nest onto the cement floor of a barn. I don't know how it survived the fall. When he was an adult we used to put it's cage outside during the day to let him enjoy the sunshine and talk to the other birds. One day a hawk saw it and came hurtling down and landed on the top of the cage trying to get to my poor little bird. Luckily it was unsuccessful and we were able to chase it off.
A few months ago one was spotted behind my house in a tree. Lovely
tongue.gif
I like hawks and I think they are beautiful but it is scary when they are so closed to our chickens.

Ok, my turn to guess in the Great Egg Hatch Guessing Game. I am going to guess *drum roll please* a Yurlov Crower! Cause everyone needs a good crower in their back yard. Do I win a prize?

Never heard of that. I may need to look into them

Yay!! Ivy was found!
ya.gif
So so happy for you and your mom.

There is a lot of fun going on here! Ok my guess on the Great Egg Hatch Guessing Game (as Happy calls it
yippiechickie.gif
) ..............

Appenzeller Spitzhauben
hmm.png
maybe? Wait maybe Lavender Pekin they say they are great show birds
thumbsup.gif
and can lay a blue egg.

Wish I had mystery eggs.
sad.png

no on both but is a Lavender Pekin a duck or chicken,

Back