Valentine's Day 1st Annual Hatch Along

LOL...the most ive evr done is 140!
OMGosh!!
big_smile.png

On Your Mark….Get set…..Go!!!!

Left them all “as is” (no washing), got em weighed, and set 17 eggs in my bator as of 12:30 this afternoon.

Never really looked forward with excitement to V Day before, lol, this is a pretty cool way to celebrate the ‘holiday’. My daughter was right there with me getting the eggs and bator ready, she has autism and really I think this is going to be a very neat experience for her. She has even started eating eggs again—which she has refused since she realized hens lay them from their behind.
tongue.png
She cracks me up. Oh, it’s the little things in life!

Good luck to everyone on a successful hatch!

On Your Mark….Get set…..Go!!!!

Left them all “as is” (no washing), got em weighed, and set 17 eggs in my bator as of 12:30 this afternoon.

Never really looked forward with excitement to V Day before, lol, this is a pretty cool way to celebrate the ‘holiday’. My daughter was right there with me getting the eggs and bator ready, she has autism and really I think this is going to be a very neat experience for her. She has even started eating eggs again—which she has refused since she realized hens lay them from their behind.
tongue.png
She cracks me up. Oh, it’s the little things in life!

Good luck to everyone on a successful hatch!

highfive.gif
i set 17 eggs too!!!

I'm in!

Since my eggs always seem to hatch early, I'm not going to set them until tonight. Even under my broody this winter they hatched on day 19/20.

I'm going to put as many eggs in my incubator as I can fit. It will be 60+. There will be a mix of Crested Cream legbar, ameraucana, RIR, Red star, Australorp, speckled sussex, plymouth rock, and some barn yard mix pullet eggs I hatched last July. The roosters are a CCL and an olive Turken. We just culled the CCL since he had become aggressive, so this will be his last hatch. The Turken is just 6 months old, so it will be his first hatch.

I was worried that I wouldn't have enough eggs by today, so my neighbor gave me some of her eggs that were covered by a black silkie rooster. At least i will have a good variety of chicks to sell since I don't plan on keeping any from this hatch (although we all know I will LOL).

In the past my legbar eggs have had a horrible hatch rate. I would be surprised if any of them hatch. My goal is to hatch 40 chicks that I can sell to people wanting easter eggers. I'm going through 250 pounds of feed a month, so it is time these feathered friends start to make a little money back.

I've set my eggs. I have mostly silkies fro my own pens. I ordered eggs but only one shipment arrived. One didn't arriave because their birds stopped laying and the other I have no idea since I haven't heard from the person nor have they replied to my PM's since I sent the money for the eggs.

I'm in!

Since my eggs always seem to hatch early, I'm not going to set them until tonight. Even under my broody this winter they hatched on day 19/20.

I'm going to put as many eggs in my incubator as I can fit. It will be 60+. There will be a mix of Crested Cream legbar, ameraucana, RIR, Red star, Australorp, speckled sussex, plymouth rock, and some barn yard mix pullet eggs I hatched last July. The roosters are a CCL and an olive Turken. We just culled the CCL since he had become aggressive, so this will be his last hatch. The Turken is just 6 months old, so it will be his first hatch.

I was worried that I wouldn't have enough eggs by today, so my neighbor gave me some of her eggs that were covered by a black silkie rooster. At least i will have a good variety of chicks to sell since I don't plan on keeping any from this hatch (although we all know I will LOL).

In the past my legbar eggs have had a horrible hatch rate. I would be surprised if any of them hatch. My goal is to hatch 40 chicks that I can sell to people wanting easter eggers. I'm going through 250 pounds of feed a month, so it is time these feathered friends start to make a little money back.
I wish you luck!!!

I already have 70 ready to set. Dang! Does anyone know how many eggs you can fit in a syrofoam Hova Bator without an egg turner? At this point I know I'm pushing the limits. I was planning on throwing in anything laid today, so there could be more as well. I must be crazy.

Back
Top Bottom