Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

I've been vegan for over two decades. Reading food labels is second nature for me. That said, it is a lot easier now that so many prepared food products have the word "vegan" right on the front of the packaging. I love that. Also, I find that most foods that contain ingredients like L-Cystein *shudders* are probably not that good for you anyway. I love raw and whole foods. I love being vegan.

Just wondered if we have a vegetarian/vegan section in the recipe threads? There is so much excellent info, recipes, demo videos, etc. on the net that I am really excited.

Now I'm off to put my food processor together and watch the DVD. Want to avoid hurting myself!!

After finding out about all of the things in bread/cheese/etc., I have been working my way towards becoming vegan. It's not easy but it's really hard to recognize all of the ingredients with their hidden names! Being a vegan just seems easier.

FYI, the enzymes are just in the cheese. Rennet is used to make the milk curdle. It isn't in milk.

If you want to blow your mind, look up L-Cysteine.

Keep up the good work though! Being a vegetarian is extremely rewarding in my book.

Really? So I don't have to worry about rennet in milk? AT ALL???

I looked up L-Cysteine. (Almost hurled)

Just wondered if we have a vegetarian/vegan section in the recipe threads? There is so much excellent info, recipes, demo videos, etc. on the net that I am really excited.

Now I'm off to put my food processor together and watch the DVD. Want to avoid hurting myself!!
We had a thread going but it died off. It has a few recipes on it though
Really? So I don't have to worry about rennet in milk? AT ALL???

I looked up L-Cysteine. (Almost hurled)
I know they are two different products but I'm not sure if rennet is found in some Milk. Though some Vegetarian/Vegans don't drink it because they believe Milk supports the use of rennet.

We had a thread going but it died off. It has a few recipes on it though
I know they are two different products but I'm not sure if rennet is found in some Milk. Though some Vegetarian/Vegans don't drink it because they believe Milk supports the use of rennet.

There is also veggie rennet, but rennet isn't found in milk. Its either from vegitables or calf stomach linning, neither of which comes from an udder. Rennet is used in a few products to thicken the milk, (esp. cheese and sometimes ice cream).

Thanks for Clarifying that Marty. Glad to have your wits on here!
highfive.gif

Pssh you could never do that!
hugs.gif
. Unlike some people I have no problem being wrong. When it comes to the biological aspects of vegetarianism they're is plenty of things I have no clue about.

Back
Top Bottom