Virginia

Just curious, not looking for anything this very moment (or really for the next oh…6-8 months) but does anyone know of anyone with heritage New Hampshire or German New Hampshire hatching eggs for sale? I am thinking about getting some of these next spring. Really looking for quality, not second generation hatchery stock with a heritage "tag" on them.

Just curious, not looking for anything this very moment (or really for the next oh…6-8 months) but does anyone know of anyone with heritage New Hampshire or German New Hampshire hatching eggs for sale? I am thinking about getting some of these next spring. Really looking for quality, not second generation hatchery stock with a heritage "tag" on them.
nobody in VA off the top of my head, but send DMRippy (Donna) a pm. think she's been working on these for a couple years, and she's in TN, so not horribly far.

Anyone heard anything about Christiansburg? I didn't see anything in craigslist...

I've got some royal palm turkeys I was hoping to sell! :)

Karen, there was a regular christiansburg buyer who has been looking for turkeys for a while now. I'm trying to remember his name, I sold him a sawgrass turkey this spring. Do you (or anyone else in the NRV) remember his name?

Thx

:)

Last edited:
Karen, there was a regular christiansburg buyer who has been looking for turkeys for a while now. I'm trying to remember his name, I sold him a sawgrass turkey this spring. Do you (or anyone else in the NRV) remember his name?

Thx

:)
What does a Sawgrass turkey look like - do you have a pic ?

What does NRV stand for?

New River Valley, sorta usually stands for the Dublin, Radford, Christiansburg, Blacksburg corridor.

They are nice looking and self breeding - how about table fare - are you raising these ?
naw, well, I tried last year with the sweetgrass but only hatched one. I have tried royal palms this year but my fiancée doesn't like the entire hatch, feed, harvest life cycle. I spent summers on the family farm but she pretends that meat doesnt come from living animals, but the grocery store. So, she would prefer a butterball and I've been ordered to sell these wonderful turkeys!

Dagnabbit...

Last edited:
WOW
The Chicken Swap today in Ridgeway/Martinsville was absolutely wonderful.
Could not have asked for a more buying crowd. Thank you to all.

Back
Top Bottom