Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen a rattlesnake bite before. OMG.. Poor puppy. My mom vaccinates her dog. I wonder what the difference in injury is.

I believe the vaccine is only effective for very specific venom. I may be mistaken but I seem to remember reading that it doesn't work on the type of rattlers we have...well on the east side any way.

That is a pic of my 2 y/o right after a less than 10 week old pullet attacked both his eyes. Imagine what a hormone filled strong rooster could do to your son
sad.png
after the pic, those injuries turned black and blue and they almost swelled shut
sad.png
I tried multiple things with my meany and still ended up culling him. Sad to do but there are too many nice roosters out there needing homes. Mine bit my daughter by her eye also, on the hand as she was feeding the girls and the back of the calf. He dug his own grave!

Thank you!! I bred the Mal, Kes, and the Pom, Kaitlyn, was my original girl, in the Breed. She will be seven, in November and is the Alpha girl of my pack. It is so funny seeing this little five pound dog dominate dogs that are twice her size!

The photo below shows my pack next to my motorhome and the last photo is the Pom puppy, of my breeding, winning a Best In Show at 11 months. Words can't express how thrilled I was at that. Click on each to see the full shot.

Sheila :)

How refreshing to see pom poms around that look like they are supposed to! I completely believe your girl runs the roost! They are spunky critters who don't know their size!! My favorite color is wolf sable. I consider myself a "big dog" person but I LOVE these little guys!!

Very pretty dogs! We have a Pomeranian mix, with Sheltie, Pekingese, I can't recall what else. He looks like a little fox. He is the least favorite of my dogs because I'm not fond of the little emperor personality, the yapping he is prone to do on occasion and his delicate ways that make him not want to go outside to go potty on rainy days.

However. He is a great lap warmer, a good "watchdog" who does his darnedest to keep all squirrels out of the yard and has been DH's constant and loyal companion for the past 12 years. He adores DH and looks to him like he's king of the universe. I suppose that's just about one of the most important jobs in the world and he does it well.

CUUUUTE!! He does have a suspicious look on his face, haha!

Did I mention it's our anniversary today? Fun times! Vaca with the whole family in Idaho and since we let the kids nap they're STILL up! Grr

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH (?)

Thanks CR! Yup me and the DH married for 7 years today :) 3 kids later and we're having lots of fun! Night all, just got the crazed, overtired, screaming 2y/o to sleep and we can finally sleep! Or something.....

As far as the person with the mean roo--sorry I am not sure who the OP is...

There are WAY too many NICE roos that are killed just for being roos...

Personally, I would kill the mean one and I would NOT pawn him off on someone else or breed him!

I have found through years of breeding chickens that temperament IS in fact genetic! Mean roos (or hens) will produce mean birds. If it's a one-of-kind roo or so very expensive or the ONLY one you have, I'd risk breeding it IF you have no other option(s). Then once you have a few chicks, cull the mean one. You'll get a good idea of the chicks' temperaments fairly quickly and while they're growing up, you could look for more lines to add to your flock.

An example of that are the Breda Fowl I have. NASTY, NASTY, NASTY. VERY flighty hens, VERY aggressive roos. Every one of them. They're not old enough to breed yet but once they do, the oldest roos will be culled and I'll hope the next generation(s) have better dispositions. I can deal with flighty because most of the time, they will eventually settle down. A mean roo is not so easily tamed.

If you need a roo that can be around children or anyone--send me a PM. I have several that I'd GIVE you!! Bantams & LF. I don't keep or breed anything mean at all. It's a waste of time, space, money and feed. It costs just as much to feed a nice rooster as it does a mean one...and with feed prices soaring and without an increase in income, it just doesn't make sense to feed/breed mean ones. :)

Just remember this:

Ninja Roos make good STEW!!!

goodpost.gif

Wow, poor guy! I'm glad he's going to be okay. Dogs are pretty darned tough. Well, other people's dogs, lol. I'm on my third greyhound, and they're made out of glass.

Best wishes for a quick recovery, Cash!

Jennifer
Awww, greyhounds are such sensative souls! Not many sweeter, or softer, dogs out there!

Thanks CR! Yup me and the DH married for 7 years today
smile.png
3 kids later and we're having lots of fun! Night all, just got the crazed, overtired, screaming 2y/o to sleep and we can finally sleep! Or something.....
wink.png
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Have a great vaca!!!

Well it looks like I have missed some of the fireworks. I think that, I'm pretty okay with missing them. I have been reading and sitting in the sun for the last couple of weeks. I have been seriously enjoying the warmth so much, that I went and bought a lounge chair for the patio today. I had to drive all the way to Brier to get it. I must have spent 2 hours driving around with one of my poor little car sick puppies today. I am not familiar with Brier, and none of the streets seem to go straight through. I managed to wear myself out today.

DH went Down Under as of last night, and will be gone for nearly a month. So it just me and all the critters. I would love for DH to bring me back a real Wallaby. I am fairly sure it's not going to happen though.
rant.gif
somad.gif
gig.gif
I am fairly okay with not having to really cook nearly all of next month though. lol

If anyone is heading out to the ocean or at the least past Chehalis, I would love for a heads up. I need to get CL's Chicken Plucker back to her this coming weekend. I would be happy to meet up with any one going past Federal Way or Tacoma.

So that's what going on out here in the Claw for tonight.

Quote: Thanks CR! Yup me and the DH married for 7 years today
smile.png
3 kids later and we're having lots of fun! Night all, just got the crazed, overtired, screaming 2y/o to sleep and we can finally sleep! Or something.....
Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

I going to warn you. I will giggle if you two end up with a fourth kid.
gig.gif

Did I mention it's our anniversary today? Fun times! Vaca with the whole family in Idaho and since we let the kids nap they're STILL up! Grr

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH (?)

Thanks CR! Yup me and the DH married for 7 years today :) 3 kids later and we're having lots of fun! Night all, just got the crazed, overtired, screaming 2y/o to sleep and we can finally sleep! Or something.....

[COLOR=FF0000]Happy Anniversary!!!!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=008000]I going to warn you. I will giggle if you two end up with a fourth kid. [/COLOR]:gig

Hehe, yeah don't I wish! DH is done...I'm not :( but permanent measures have been taken and it would be an act of God for that to happen ;)

I have a breeder question. Is it better to keep the birds you use for breeding separate from the rest of your flock all the time? Or can you pull them out when you want to start hatching chicks and put them back in when you are done? Would pulling them out and reintroducing them back be to stressful for everyone? I know there are some breeders on this thread so I thought I would ask here first.

Thanks,
Shyla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom