Welp, the HOA was notified

I'd petition your neighbors and get some signatures for approval. If you can get your neighbors to agree then the HOA has no grounds to enforce the rule. But asking for a medical reason might be the best bet. I wonder why they're just bringing it up now after 5 years
this simply isn't true.

HOAs are governed by boards, not by groups of dissenting neighbors.

what you're suggesting is akin to showing a police officer a a letter that says "we're cool with it" signed by 5 of your neighbors when you get pulled over for speeding.

If you want to have your own eggs, you could consider quail, I would think they’d be easier to conceal.
i don’t think the answer for the person who has already run a-fowl (couldn’t help myself) of their HOA is to secretly harbor more backyard birds.

the answer is either to get the board to change the policy, or to move. there is no third choice.

Nah the third choice is to fill my yard with obnoxious chicken-themed yard art and make them wish they'd just let me keep the actual chickens instead :p.

Quail are cute but I'm not interested in keeping them, plus with my random allergy to duck eggs I'd want to make sure I could even eat quail eggs before getting some!

Nah the third choice is to fill my yard with obnoxious chicken-themed yard art and make them wish they'd just let me keep the actual chickens instead :p.

Quail are cute but I'm not interested in keeping them, plus with my random allergy to duck eggs I'd want to make sure I could even eat quail eggs before getting some!
sounds like a waste of time and money to me. but it’s your time and your money.

if your HOA has rules about chickens, they might very well have rules about the appearance of your property.

so your big act of defiance might just land you back in hot water with the people you’re trying to stick it to.

What exactly is the issue besides having the chickens?
The smell?
The noise?
Visibility?
I mean, how do they know you have chickens? (How many do you have?)
Rooster(s)?

Seriously, I say F em.
I guess it also goes with city rules and/or/vs HOA rules.

5 years and. Otho g and all of a sudden something…..what happened to get to this part?

Did you have a back up plan in case this happened? Not that I think you should have, but always think ahead.

The H. E. Double 🏒 🏒 I’d ever no matter what I’d give my chicks up. I’ll go to jail first. But that’s me.

What exactly is the issue besides having the chickens?
this is the only issue. there is a rule against having chickens in her HOA. there doesn’t need to be another issue.
The H. E. Double 🏒 🏒 I’d ever no matter what I’d give my chicks up. I’ll go to jail first. But that’s me.
going to jail can and will ruin your life. this is a preposterous statement. and really tough talk for someone who won’t spell out the word hell

There are no HOA regulations regarding yard art, only business signs on properties. There's also regulations regarding having non-functioning automobiles on your property which is definitely violated by someone at the neighborhood entrance, but you know. God forbid there be chickens.
And certainly yard art's no more or less expensive than the chickens themselves.

No need to be getting so short with people over an issue that's not yours and has been concluded for a month now.

There are no HOA regulations regarding yard art, only business signs on properties. There's also regulations regarding having non-functioning automobiles on your property which is definitely violated by someone at the neighborhood entrance, but you know. God forbid there be chickens.
And certainly yard art's no more or less expensive than the chickens themselves.

No need to be getting so short with people over an issue that's not yours and has been concluded for a month now.
why does everyone here think a dissenting opinion rooted in facts is “short”?

i’m not being short. just direct.

if you feel the HOA rules are being enforced unfairly, then appeal to the board and maybe some change will come about.

id hate looking at a jalopy in my neighbor’s yard and would knock on that person’s door to talk to them about it. if that didn’t work, i’d bring it up at the next HOA meeting.

HOAs mostly suck, but you can generally do more damage working within the framework of their rules than you can by going rogue.

this is the only issue. there is a rule against having chickens in her HOA. there doesn’t need to be another issue.

going to jail can and will ruin your life. this is a preposterous statement. and really tough talk for someone who won’t spell out the word

going to jail can and will ruin your life. this is a preposterous statement. and really tough talk for someone who won’t spell out the word hell
That’s pretty much just your opinion, just like I stated my own. We can be keyboard warriors and live in this internet world, but in real life what I would actually do is not preposterous. Sure I’d take other avenues, but in the end….I’m sticking to my guns. Not saying it’s right or that anyone should so as, but it’s what I am prepared for.
Besides, the moderators here are scarier than the actual law. So yes, have to tiptoe around the HOA of BYC.

Back
Top Bottom