What chickens have the best flying ability?

My best chickens for flying will have to be my Phoenix, their large wings and big tail means they are perfect for flight, my hens will fly up onto the roof of my house to get away from my roosters from other flocks when they try to get them. When they fly back down their wings are so large for their body and they are so light they just open their wings and glide down, but they are also really friendly. Also when they go back to their stable at night instead of walking back they fly from fence to fence.

Last edited:
you know the best breed for you to get i think would half to be red jungle fowl there easy to find for sale
they fly almost like a bird
stay in trees and are very alert birds thats your best option

Also Japanese bantams are great
Agree.. my Japanese bantams can fly just like real birds... actually fly up and over the house roof.. across a stream and small lake to the other side.

Its the young ones and the females they fly the best.. the males with their big tails are not so good.. but can still fly up high vertically into the trees on over a 6 foot fence easily.

I have a Campine that once did a 50' circuit @ canopy level. Mine are all pretty good fliers & their relative, the Fayoumi, are supposed to be pretty good too but I've not kept them so couldn't swear to it. My Vorwerks aren't bad & all my bantams are pretty good fliers too.

I have a Campine that once did a 50' circuit @ canopy level. Mine are all pretty good fliers & their relative, the Fayoumi, are supposed to be pretty good too but I've not kept them so couldn't swear to it. My Vorwerks aren't bad & all my bantams are pretty good fliers too.
I eventually want some Campiness and figured they would be flyers... I have Fayoumi ordered for an August delivery and decided just looking at them they would fly good. My current flock of Phoenixes and Ayams are getting their wings clipped this weekend... they all are flyers.

Back
Top Bottom