What is y'all's favorite chews to give your dogs?

What is your favorite chew for your dogs?

• Total voters
Responses on this thread have proven that there really isn't a "perfect" chew. Anything hard can break teeth. Real bones can splinter, things like hooves and ears can stain, rawhide can choke, big pieces of anything can gum up their insides.

My SIL is a vet and she still uses rawhide. :confused:

One of my current dogs eats any sort of loose fabric so even though she's cold in winter she can't have a sweater on unattended nor any blankets. :rolleyes: Thankfully most of my dogs haven't been big chewers, so Nylabone still works for me since they don't work at it for too long or too hard. A single one will last 6 months if not more.

Responses on this thread have proven that there really isn't a "perfect" chew. Anything hard can break teeth. Real bones can splinter, things like hooves and ears can stain, rawhide can choke, big pieces of anything can gum up their insides.

One of my current dogs eats any sort of loose fabric so even though she's cold in winter she can't have a sweater on unattended nor any blankets. :rolleyes: Thankfully most of my dogs haven't been big chewers, so Nylabone still works for me since they don't work at it for too long or too hard. A single one will last 6 months if not more.
Stain furniture or? I haven’t had any issues with that though they do smell pretty bad lol I also forgot buffalo horns but those smell awful

I would LOVE to offer raw bones/wings/chicken feet to my dogs, but I am just so afraid of how their stomachs will react. They are on dry kibble so it is not what they are used to. Would it be risky to give them a raw treat now and then?

It shouldn't. Just don't give a whole bunch at one time. My brother's dog is on a mostly kibble/homemade diet. I've given him raw chicken wings and pork ribs without any issue. He has loved them.

That's true. We've tried a lot of different kinds. A treat isn't worth it if the dog won't chew it.

They shouldn't stain unless they are dyed. I would avoid those anyway. No telling what they use for the color.

Stain furniture or? I haven’t had any issues with that though they do smell pretty bad lol I also forgot buffalo horns but those smell awful
We had carpet stains from pig ears and hooves. lomine below said it's probably dyed then? It's been so long since I've used them that that could be true.

Also they get sticky and gummy, which is just gross.

I recently bought some of these
Screenshot_20231011_164438_Chrome.jpg

Willow really likes them and they last good

My dogs favorite bone is Water Buffalo Horns. Then bully sticks, split deer antlers and raw marrow bones. Plus stuffed kongs they enjoy sometimes. We have Nylabones and Benebones. But they prefer not to chew on them.
I dont do rawhide or pig ears as it makes our last dogs so sick for a few days. So dont allow it with any of our dogs

@Chickengirl2671 I just wanted to thank you for making this thread. I hadn't heard of some of these chews before this. I found beef cheek rolls and collagen rolls at a local pet store and gave them to my dogs last night. So far so good!! No one has diarrhea and they finally have something "real" to chew on. 😌 Dorie is currently trying to bury hers to hide it from Luna. :gig

Last edited:
@Chickengirl2671 I just wanted to thank you for making this thread. I hadn't heard of some of these chews before this. I found beef cheek rolls and collagen rolls at a local pet store and gave them to my dogs last night. So far so good!! No one has diarrhea and they finally have a something "real" to chew on. 😌 Dorie is currently trying to bury hers to hide it from Luna. :gig
That's great! I'm glad I could help!

Back
Top Bottom