What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Our tricky buck got out and we have been trying to catch him for 3 days. (technically, 3 evenings) I have been putting food and water in his cage. When we notice him in there, we try to hurry and close the door but he is quicker than we are. Have tried to get the dog to tire him out but the dog gave up. We look like a bunch of wackos calling this rabbit and expecting him to come to us then chasing him around the yard and trying to block him off. We've come so close a couple of times. We are terrible rabbit catchers. I give him a lot of credit. Now I feel like he's just mocking us
bun.gif
I have resorted to threatening him with no breeding this weekend if he doesn't stay in his cage. Still no luck…..

Our tricky buck got out and we have been trying to catch him for 3 days. (technically, 3 evenings) I have been putting food and water in his cage. When we notice him in there, we try to hurry and close the door but he is quicker than we are. Have tried to get the dog to tire him out but the dog gave up. We look like a bunch of wackos calling this rabbit and expecting him to come to us then chasing him around the yard and trying to block him off. We've come so close a couple of times. We are terrible rabbit catchers. I give him a lot of credit. Now I feel like he's just mocking us
bun.gif
I have resorted to threatening him with no breeding this weekend if he doesn't stay in his cage. Still no luck…..
If you can get close, then maybe get a long dip net you use for fishing. That's what I use to catch chickens.

Hoping some one will see this soon and help me. I just got home from the store and went out to check on my bunnies. I had 5 born on the 22nd. Well when I checked the nestbox this morning one was out and on the floor of the cage so I didn't think anything of it and just put it back in the nestbox. Well when I just checked on them after the store I only found 4 kits in there. I looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere. finally I thought ok this thing must have gotten to the bigger more open part of the cage and squeezed thru the bars, so now I'm looking all over the deck for it. Couldn't find it. I finally go down the 4-5 steps to the yard (it's not that high of a deck) to see if this thing was in the yard and I found it laying there stone cold, squeaking, gasping for air. I ran it inside, took the blow dryer to it to warm it up an dry it off (it rained here last night). It's doing better than it was when I found it but not great. I have it wrapped in a towel with another kit to help keep it warm. Is there anything I can give it thru a syringe to help it hydrate it. I don't know when it last ate but it seems hungry. I placed it on the doe but it doesn't seem to have enough strength to eat from her.

Hoping some one will see this soon and help me. I just got home from the store and went out to check on my bunnies. I had 5 born on the 22nd. Well when I checked the nestbox this morning one was out and on the floor of the cage so I didn't think anything of it and just put it back in the nestbox. Well when I just checked on them after the store I only found 4 kits in there. I looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere. finally I thought ok this thing must have gotten to the bigger more open part of the cage and squeezed thru the bars, so now I'm looking all over the deck for it. Couldn't find it. I finally go down the 4-5 steps to the yard (it's not that high of a deck) to see if this thing was in the yard and I found it laying there stone cold, squeaking, gasping for air. I ran it inside, took the blow dryer to it to warm it up an dry it off (it rained here last night). It's doing better than it was when I found it but not great. I have it wrapped in a towel with another kit to help keep it warm. Is there anything I can give it thru a syringe to help it hydrate it. I don't know when it last ate but it seems hungry. I placed it on the doe but it doesn't seem to have enough strength to eat from her.
OMG these babies are unbelievable. I'm sorry not to have experience in this area. Sounds like you are doing great. I have read that Primrose nursed a baby bun to health. Check through her posts from about 6 months ago or check you tube. There are videos that will tell you how people have done this in the past. I hate to say this. However, I've read many times that not all babies survive for various reasons. I hope you are able to have a positive outcome.

OMG these babies are unbelievable. I'm sorry not to have experience in this area. Sounds like you are doing great. I have read that Primrose nursed a baby bun to health. Check through her posts from about 6 months ago or check you tube. There are videos that will tell you how people have done this in the past. I hate to say this. However, I've read many times that not all babies survive for various reasons. I hope you are able to have a positive outcome.

I will actually be shocked if this one lives after falling off the deck down to the ground about 5-6 feet. I don't understand why my babies always jump out of the nestboxes at such a young age. This is the third time this has happened to me. This summer I had TWO mini satin babies escape and fall out of the cage - again squeezed thru the bars of the main part of the cage and I found them on the ground right under the cage. Those two I caught soon enough and placed them right back in the nestbox but this guy, he had to be out all night.
sad.png

Hoping some one will see this soon and help me. I just got home from the store and went out to check on my bunnies. I had 5 born on the 22nd. Well when I checked the nestbox this morning one was out and on the floor of the cage so I didn't think anything of it and just put it back in the nestbox. Well when I just checked on them after the store I only found 4 kits in there. I looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere. finally I thought ok this thing must have gotten to the bigger more open part of the cage and squeezed thru the bars, so now I'm looking all over the deck for it. Couldn't find it. I finally go down the 4-5 steps to the yard (it's not that high of a deck) to see if  this thing was in the yard and I found it laying there stone cold, squeaking, gasping for air. I ran it inside, took the blow dryer to it to warm it up an dry it off (it rained here last night). It's doing better than it was when I found it but not great. I have it wrapped in a towel with another kit to help keep it warm. Is there anything I can give it thru a syringe to help it hydrate it. I don't know when it last ate but it seems hungry. I placed it on the doe but it doesn't seem to have enough strength to eat from her.

Keep him warm and dry. Help him nurse. Kind of milk the doe and place his mouth in position to nurse.
Keep us updated

Well after warming him up with another kit in a towel, I've finally returned him back to the nest with the others seeing as how he is breathing more normally now and seems to keeping his body temp up. He no longer feels cold and lifeless. I've tried every hour to put him back on the doe's belly and he's getting more and more eager to nurse so hopefully he's getting some milk. Keeping my fingers crossed he makes it. This is him (the one on the bottom, eyes closed) earlier today after I found him and warmed him up/dried him off with the blow dryer

Back
Top Bottom