What treat did your chickies get today?

This morning they got grapes, and tonight they will get cucumbers. They love both. But I have a question. Maybe this isn't the right forum, but I'm sure someone can give me the answer. I've been reading about giving your chickens sunflower seeds. These have the shells still on them? I don't want to give them something that they can't eat or will hurt them. Can you tell I'm brand new to raising chickens?

Today with 5" of snow on the ground, the flockanuts wouldn't go outside so I made them some rice and added kidney beans and some apple pie filling from the can. A 9"x9" Pyrex baking dish was FULL and the 12 girls and 1 roo got their bellies full 'cause this was in addition to their regular dry feed!!!

ya.gif
grapes, lettuce, their own egg shells, cleaned/crumbled, piece of pumpkin cake.little celery

Last edited:
Im new to raiseng chickens i have silkies road and singecone brown leghorn & road island reds .If anyone could help with information on my new past time i would appreicat it.I am 64 i think i waited too late in life.

Back
Top Bottom