What treat did your chickies get today?

I have a seed starting tray full of grasses that I put in the rabbit hutch for my 3 week old chicks. At first, they wouldn't go near it, but now, they lay in it, dig through the sod, play keep away with various seeds they find, and of course, enjoy the greenery!

B]
[/IMG]
This is my coop. At night, I've been leaving the windows open (they have screens) and the coop door open so they can go downstairs when they get up. As you can see with the picture of my granddaughter, we have added chicken wire over top of the other wire that was already on it. We are getting ready to start working on a bigger run for them. Just bought a bag of Stall Dry today. So much to do, but i love it!

B]
[/IMG]
This is my coop. At night, I've been leaving the windows open (they have screens) and the coop door open so they can go downstairs when they get up. As you can see with the picture of my granddaughter, we have added chicken wire over top of the other wire that was already on it. We are getting ready to start working on a bigger run for them. Just bought a bag of Stall Dry today. So much to do, but i love it!

Mine got dried mealworms. Boy did they love them. At least the adult hens did. The babies don't seem to know what to do with them. I want to start raising my own mealworms but I haven't gotten the set up worked out yet.

Mine got dried mealworms. Boy did they love them. At least the adult hens did. The babies don't seem to know what to do with them. I want to start raising my own mealworms but I haven't gotten the set up worked out yet.

I bought a tub of 500 at petsmart and threwe them into a little left over container with air holes. Have been feeding a couple a day to the chickens and just recently found a few pupae which I plucked out and put into a different container. I guess it will do for now!

Back
Top Bottom