What treat did your chickies get today?

I get mine from Sunshine Acres online. They ship quickly, the worms are healthy and the prices are great
Kristy

i looked it up but i don't think they are the right one.. since i got sunshine acres children's home.. sunshine acres thrift store?

probably the store is not in AZ..

do you have the direct link?

thanks

i give my flock an adult sized salad for every 12 birds. its salad that kimmy brings home from work of whats left so sometimes i give bread, but about 1-2 slices every 12 birds, and heaven forbid i dont go in the coops with anything then they peck on me, they also love johnson grass too

thank you

so this is the place?
http://sunshineacre.com/

true.. pretty pricey to be honest

guess i have to look into raising my own meal worms too

i have two 10 gallon fish tanks that i'm not using.

Thats it. I've been happy with the quality of worms, but worms period aren't very cheap. I keep playing around with the idea of raising them myself but I can't decide if I really want to get into all that

Thats it. I've been happy with the quality of worms, but worms period aren't very cheap. I keep playing around with the idea of raising them myself but I can't decide if I really want to get into all that

i looked into it and it's cheaper than raising chickens

i already have the container

just need live meal worms and foods (wheat bran to start) and just similar chicken scraps i give my chickens..

wheat bran-- i think winco or sprouts should have this

i looked into it and it's cheaper than raising chickens

i already have the container

just need live meal worms and foods (wheat bran to start) and just similar chicken scraps i give my chickens..

wheat bran-- i think winco or sprouts should have this

I recommend using rolled oats instead of wheat bran...better traction for the eventual beetles. I use cabbage leaves for moisture...they dry up before they have a chance to mold (unlike carrots). One head of cabbage can last a long time if you dole it out a few leaves at a time.

I recommend using rolled oats instead of wheat bran...better traction for the eventual beetles. I use cabbage leaves for moisture...they dry up before they have a chance to mold (unlike carrots). One head of cabbage can last a long time if you dole it out a few leaves at a time.

rolled oats? i'll check wincos or sprouts .. hope they have it instock

can the chickens also eat the beetles?

i think petsmart has a container of 500-ish meal worms for $10? too pricey??

rolled oats? i'll check wincos or sprouts .. hope they have it instock

can the chickens also eat the beetles?

i think petsmart has a container of 500-ish meal worms  for $10?  too pricey??

Here: http://www.rainbowmealworms.net/shop-mealworms/

Might as well order a decent number...then you can have some for breeding and some for feeding. I started my colony in February and just had babies hatch this week. It will be a few more months until they're big enough to feed out. I figure by next spring I'll have enough for regular treats.

Back
Top Bottom