What treat did your chickies get today?

I don't know if it's good for them or not but I have given my flock catfish food floating pellets. They LOVE it so I hope it's ok. The bag is too heavy for me to move to see what's in it.
idunno.gif

That is just not fair Hosspak!! I wish mine enjoyed all of that. Nope! Still just mealworms that is an established favorite, will keep on trying!!
Withhold the treats for a day or two. Then try to hand feed the new treat. If they don't play Rugby over the noodles I suspect your chickens are broken...
gig.gif

When do you feed the treats? I give some first thing in the am before they get their feed. Especially if its a new treat. Some of the things like apples/squash/greens I cut into strips or shredded at first. (I cant free range) After they decide its good to eat then I just give it to them whole or in chunks they tear it up. I put the pellets out while their eating. I usually give them something in the evening too. Now if I'm running late and skip a fresh treat in the am I get the evil Chicky eyes and get squawked at.

When do you feed the treats? I give some first thing in the am before they get their feed. Especially if its a new treat. Some of the things like apples/squash/greens I cut into strips or shredded at first. (I cant free range) After they decide its good to eat then I just give it to them whole or in chunks they tear it up. I put the pellets out while their eating. I usually give them something in the evening too. Now if I'm running late and skip a fresh treat in the am I get the evil Chicky eyes and get squawked at.
Oh yeah, they will let you know....

I only have two that have started laying sporadically. I'm gonna have to keep track if I get a egg when I treat or not in the am. Maybe I can train them
wink.png
(not).

Back
Top Bottom